injector choice for 2.0 16v TB

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Jon Long, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Jon Long New Member

Got all the bits and pieces together now to go the throttlebody route: Jenvey bodies, etc, plus Emerald ECU. The only thing I am lacking, is the injectors.

The car on standard injection is running 190bhp and a standard fuel pump. The pump will remain - which injectors should I fit? Advice please... as I need to order them ASAP

Anyone with experience, also running a competition (hillclimb) car with a similar engine set-up who can help?

Thanks

2. roccodan Forum Member

3. 444IN Forum Member

I am also lookin for this advice, anyone??

4. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

is the kjet fuel pump up to running proper injectors?

have a look on ebay there is always plenty kicking around, i just got 6 brand new RS4 injectors for 150 quid!!

5. Dub Nutta Forum Member

Bosch injectors from a Vauxhall 2L 16v C20XE are good, they do cream ones and later blue ones which have a better spray pattern and also a slightly higher flow rate. Creams are good for most applications of around 200bhp.

You can buy these brand new for about 110

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I'm sure mine runs G60 injectors - high spec 16V 2.0, > 200bhp . I can have the part nos off them in due course if that would help.

7. 444IN Forum Member

That is an answer, that would be those things ?? http://cgi.ebay.de/Einspritzduesen-...ryZ33554QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Thanks a lot, any more suggestions for the next step let me say, maybe for power over 200 bhp?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  8. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

audi S2/4/6/8, RS2/4/6, ford cossie, saab redtops, the list is endless

9. peedman New Member

Bosch EV6 do fit and they are from the 1.8T motor. Ill be running these from a ford thats 29lbs/hr. Cost me 105AUD for a set of 6 from an fpv typhoon.

10. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

11. 444IN Forum Member

Massive rspct, all in one place plain and simple!

12. 444IN Forum Member

Can I hijack this tread a little just to ask for tranny advices with same ITB setup, running good ITB setup on ABF with its 02A dont seem to be best choice as I recall from some previous dicussions..?

13. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

See transmissions FAQ!

14. DarrenH Forum Member

re: the vauxhall injectors quoted, they can cope with 200bhp, but usually at duty cycles knocking on for 80-90% and quite high fuel pressure (3.5 bar). they are quite slow latency too which is a big problem on batch fired aftermarket ecu's.

i'd be inclined to go bigger more modern injector in the 300cc/min@3 bar region, keep the fuel pressure at 2.5 or 3 bar, that way i keeps duty cycles down and keeps a decent spray pattern.

15. 444IN Forum Member

Cant understand those ratios to well[:$] , that is the reason I am lookin for a straight answer from someone expirienced with this tranny stuff to say use this or that box.
    Also I was searchin which 6 speed tranny maybe could I use which wolud have closer ratios and would fit, could not find it either...[xx(]