HELP!!!! Have I been ripped off?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Jaundice, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

I bought a front aluminium strut bar off ebay (before I joined the forum) from tuningleader in Belgium (I think) and I didn't get anything to attach it to my car with. I think I probably should have but I don't know for sure. Does anyone know where I can get what I need and, more importantly, what do I need, does it just bolt straight on or do I need bushes/rubbers of some description?????[:^(] I really should read up on these things before I chuck my money away[xx(]

2. Animal New Member

no bolts straight on but you will need to drill holes in the struts . when i bought mine it didnt come with fixings either .

3. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Thanks for that!!!

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

lemme know if it makes any difference (ive thought about fitting one but havent had the nuts to drill holes in the car lol)

5. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Don't think you drill holes in the car? Don't you drill holes in the strut brace then use the top mount bolts??

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

thats the best pic ii could find in a hurry... our top mounts dont bolt in [:D]

7. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Cool, get busy with that drill then lol

8. VRSteve Forum Member

ive got a sparco top strut brace on mine, three holes on both top mounts is all you need, the ones nearest the bulkhead are a pain coz the wiring is in the way. jack the car up at the front and you can easily get ur hand up to do the bolts. takes about 30 minutes to do.

9. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

I thought I'd have to drill it I was just concerned coz I didn't get any bolts or nuts with it I feel like I should have done. :(

10. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Now Fitted (at long last)

Definite improvement in handling, not so skittish over bumps when under power and much more solid front end. I'd say well worth the 40. The car feels a lot more sturdy over the masses of ginormous speed bumps we have in Malvern too[:D].

The rest of my chassis is completely standard though so i dunno what difference it'll make to a modified suspension system?!?

I think I need a rear one now though, or can anyone suggest anything better that won't chop my boot in half as I need to chuck my bike in and out quite frequently and a top mounting bar will get in the way a bit

11. t'mill Forum Member

think I need a rear one now though, or can anyone suggest anything better that won't chop my boot in half as I need to chuck my bike in and out quite frequently and a top mounting bar will get in the way a bit

How about an uprated rear anti roll bar? Weitec sell the front and rear seperately for i think about 120.

12. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Yeah I was thinking that but its abit pricey at the minute with xmas coming and the girlfriends B'day.
    I was looking at this:
    cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLF-MK2-MK3-G60-8V-16V-REAR-UPPER-STRUT-BRACE_W0QQitemZ180180447857QQihZ008QQcategoryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or is it just gonna be sh*t and I should stop being so tight?
    At the end of the day its a bar and nowt else whats the difference between a 30 and a 90 one?

Any chance of finding a cheaper anti-roll bar or is that how much they cost?