Throttle body

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by 8vleigh, Oct 25, 2007.

1. 8vleigh New Member

Hi, this might be a stupid question, but i'm new to all this. Is it possible to fit a golf mk2 16v throttle body to a 8v? If it is, what do i have to do?

Cheers

Leigh

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. Admin Guest

It is possiable I think, but it depends which model 8v you have, i think the k-jet 8v will be opposite to the KR 16v TB ie the throttle cable will end up upside down. If you are changing a KR 16v for a PB 8v then you will need to fit the PB 8v throttle position switches, but the actual alloy TB is very simular, if not the same. There is no difference in the TB internal diameter, so no gains in flow.

Why are you wanting to swap? If the reason is the switches have broken on your 8v then it would be best to find another 8v TB to rob them off.

Please correct me if im wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  3. 8vleigh New Member

Hi, it's a pb 91 mk2 .I'm looking for a cheap and easy way of getting a bit more power. any idea's? I was told that having a bigger tb would help ?

cheers

4. Admin Guest

Changing the TB for KR will do nothing, putting a bigger TB on will do very little if anything on a stock engine.

Last week I picked up a 2.0L engine for 100, fitted mayself and sold the stuff i didn't need for over 50, best mod you can do to an 8v for very little .

Another cheap mod is to fit a K&N panel filter, and drill the lower half of the airbox on the wing side, gives a gain in performance - is also better than putting on a chavi cone filter.

Other mods would be, cam, ported head, exhuast, but these cost a bit more money useally.

Try a search on here the question has been asked many a time before and there are loads of detailed answers and how too guides.

5. Admin Guest

If all you are after is a performance gain then have a look at the motorsport sections, rip out anythink you do not need, removing the rear seats, belts, carpets, sound proofing, doorcards etc will save you lots of Kg and in turn will give you a great performance gain for nothing!