itb vacume servo feed

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by steve G, Jan 11, 2008.

1. steve G Forum Member

where do i get a vacume from with my direct to head itbs,there is no mention in the instructions,and no drilled holes that i can see?
    cheers steve

2. steve G Forum Member

anyone?

3. mark25 Forum Junkie

Are you still using the old in-head injectors (guessing it's a VW) and fuel rail?

4. mk1. Forum Junkie

you have to drill the body,no4 cyl,mate had to do this with a kit bought of Badger,Bill will prob confirm if you pm him:)

5. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

If Jenvey/Badger5 DTH bodies, then each body has a cast lug in its base to drill and tap for your pressure/vacuum fittings.. either one or all 4 ganged together.

My old Jetta used to run off cyl#4 only, and had plenty of vac for std servo, with no driving difference to it being only off one cylinder.

regards
    bill

6. steve G Forum Member

cheers bill,what size fitting will i have to use?(for the standard servo pipe)
    regards steve

7. infinity

infinity Forum Member

I pulled out a standard servo vacuum conection from a 8 or 16v manifold, drilled a hole and glued it in to my ITB's. been working fine for years.:)

8. steve G Forum Member

i think it would be better to make an out let with a thread and tap the matching thread into the body