a couple itb questions

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by steve G, Apr 11, 2008.

1. steve G Forum Member

when fitting my itb,s to my abf i have found a couple of problems firstly the coolant outlet on the head fouls the backing plate of the air filter?i have a couple of differant outlets(kr one in photos) but none are suitable?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

secondly what size i/d is most suitable for the vacume take off on the body of the itb for the servo vacume feed?

i allso see i will have to bend the dip stick to come up in the middle of the bodies and this is meant to be a complete kit for the abf?

2. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

I have a seat ibiza 1.8 16V head water outlet on my car and it bends the other way and I think perhaps more downwards than yours, hard to tell, kind of comes out under cylinder 3 body but its still a total pain in the ass, gets in the way of fitting airfilters / backplate etc. I ended up getting a blank backplate and offset cutting holes to get around the water outlet issue - tricky to sort.

The dipstick can be bent no problem - used to run mine like this before going dry sump so now dont have one.

I only have a vacuum take off on cylinder 1 - think it was a metric thread barbed fitting that took about 8-10mm bore hose - cannot remember exactly, used a fitting I had in the spares box - connected it up to the standard vacuum line to the sevo so kept the one way valve etc all intact

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

The water outlet looks like an ABF plastic one to me. Could be that you need to swap it for another version.

On the vacuum hose tap ID, I can pick up an ID measurement this weekend for you.

Flexible pipe is around half inch, and I have used it in the past with the OEM 1-way vacuum valve.

4. gillm

gillm ***** User

how about a s2 flange mate ? will need some cutting and welding but will do the job i recon .

5. steve G Forum Member

cheers chaps,off to the scrap yard tomorow then

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Bit late, but measured take off at 7mm ID.

Also used it with OEM one-way valve.

HTH.

7. steve G Forum Member

cheers for getting that info for me mate,after obtaining several to find out which would be most suitable i looked in the box to find somthing else and there it was[:$]
    still cant get a water flange that is suitable to clear the filter back plate though and after asking some local engineering firms about modifying the kr one it looks as though i have no choice but to make a new one or modify it my self[:^(]

8. altern8 Forum Junkie

didint someone here modify a standard one and sold a few?

9. mk1. Forum Junkie

I get the alloy ones cut and rewelded angled down,you can buy them sorg and another company mentioned on here,try a search has it has been discussed before:)

10. 16valver Forum Member

Are they badger5/Jenvey DTH bodies?

11. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

thought neo or geo did a few.

12. steve G Forum Member

no they are not badgers itbs they are a set up i got from demon tweeks which are jenvey dth set up but i guese they are very clost to his

13. matt d Forum Member

Bill uses his own throttle design on them to allow use of a standard cable. I think thats the only real difference.
    I cant remember having problems with the water outlet when I fitted a set of Bill's ITBs to mine but it was a long time ago.

14. steve G Forum Member

does any body have any thoughts?

15. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Jenvey/badger are the same aren't they? Only jenvey are jenvey, and badgers are jenvey with a sticker.

Neo was making some outlets as the lads with Carbs were having a similar problem. His are angled down quite a bit.

16. F2 Stu Forum Member

An ABF water outlet is plastic, points the opersite way to the KR one and is about an inch longer too IIRC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got around this by accident as I had to space the backplate away from the TB's using 2x20mm ally spacers as it would of fouled the 20vt fuel rail and it was a way of keeping the runners as long as possible.

17. altern8 Forum Junkie

did you have any luck?

was it ^neo^ who use to make the other ones