abf itb/filter question

Discussion in '16-valve' started by steve G, May 18, 2008.

1. steve G Forum Member

as i come to fit my itb set up(jenvey dth)i have found yet another problem after fitting the fuel rail i have found that the base plate fouls the rail, from where i am standing the only options i can see are either make/buy 20mm spacers to go between the bodys and the base plate or use individual sock type filters which i have been told are not as good as the large foam filter i allready have,it loks to be the same filter as rob t is using.
    any thaughts on this and where i can get some spacers would be helpfull

steve

2. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

you can get spacers from TWM in the US

http://www.twminduction.com/AirHorn/AirHorn-FR.html

or make your own with flanges (available from jenvey) and 45mm bore tube (like I did)

Its not easy to get DTH bodies to work with an airbox or filter - I ran socks for a while but was never a fan of them - then I made spacers up which allowed me to clear the fuel rail with a backplate - then I have had numerous airboxes and filters - ended up having some custom rampipes made that allow me to bolt a filter to the end of the rampipes well clear of rails / injectors etc

TWM do an airbox/filter backplate now that gives fuel rail clearance - check out their website - actually, maybe jenvey do also now

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/ , accessories , half way down on right

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  3. altern8 Forum Junkie

have you got any pics I think I might hit the same snag.

How did you fix the water outlet too?

4. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

loads of room to bolt up for abf / adl - style water outlet, black plastic

not so much room to clear a backplate but it is possible with 20mm spacers to clear fuel rails and then cutting the backplate holes slightly offset from center

with solution to fasten filter to end of rampipes, no issues at all with water outlet clearance (and yes you dont get a perfect radiused end to the rampipe but it hasn't slowed my motor down too much....)

with filter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with pipercross 600 airbox (not that great but only one that would fit under my bonnet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. steve G Forum Member

cheers for that rob,i will get on to jenvey tomorow