Anyone with some electrical know how...

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Admin, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Admin Guest

I converted my KR to running megasquirt with Ford EDIS instead on the dizzi and coil. My rev counter has not worked as i need to set up the curcuit below but have know idea what diodes i can use to make it all work safely.

The diodes need to be used as the EDIS has two banks as opposed to the coils one (so to speak) and if i didn't use diodes then two spark plugs would fire at the same time etc....

So can someone please surgest what diodes i can use??? need to get this sorted ASAP as i have been lazy about sorting it and have a track day coming up soon.

cheers.

[​IMG]

2. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

not sure exactly what you want but from the diagram

d3 is a zener diode and the other two are normal diodes

google the part numbers and you shall find them. they cost pennies

3. ripskin Forum Member

The two with the same part number are rectifying diodes and as said before the other is a 18volt zener diode. All available from here, http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp

Dont put them in the wrong way around;)

4. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

I ordered some from Maplin the other day - 0.36 for three diodes, 2.50 for postage. Still cheaper than going there.

5. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Minimum order 20. :(

6. Admin Guest

Thanks guys very helpfull. I tried googling the part no's and they came up but only in one place with a 12 delivery, was just hoping there would have been avaliable to buy at maplin etc..

On another way of getting my rev counter work i have heard that the out put from my Megasquirt ECU will be able to run the rev counter, but will require a pull up curcuit to get a high voltage.

I have heard that i could get around this by running the pull up curcuit by bypassing a resister on the clocks, if this is true then does anyone know which ressister needs bypassing??

and can i just run a bypass length of wire around the resister?

cheers