ITB airbox arangement

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by madmk4, Aug 2, 2008.

1. madmk4 Forum Member

How has everyone running throttle bodies or carbs on a 16v lump delt with the heat issues ?

Airboxs, heat sheilds, re-locating the radiator etc

After re-installing the engine I had a look under the bonnet to check everything over and noticed the ram pipes do get very very hot..

Mart

2. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

I was running the rad further forward, and the front of the K and N was flat and was only breathing around the sides, so no real heat issues. Especially the wrong side of 100mph when the air coming in hasn't got time to heat up ;)

3. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

shorter rad or dropped rad and then air ducting to feed carbs - have monitored mine with a temp probe and never rises much above ambient when moving forwards - might read 40C on a 25C day (as we had the other day)

4. Briankl Forum Member

I'm running Toyota ITB's on a homemade manifold - I also made my own airbox from fibreglass, that draws air through a cone filter at the end. The filter sits right behind where the timingbelt-side high-beam extra lamp sits on a quad-lamp setup.
    Running a dual lamp setup, the airfilter is right in the air stream.