What air filter for twin carbs!

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Sabre, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Sabre Forum Member

Hey guys, the last thing i need to buy really, is the air filters, for dellorto carbs going on a crossflow 2.0 16v engine. i know alot of people would say k&n, and yes that is an option, however i have also seen Ram-flo filters, bit cheaper but they allow air to flow directly into the carbs from the front, rather than the kn's having a metal panel covering the mass of the air surely, and only taking it in from the sides. see link...

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/products.asp?CategoryID=16&PartsectionID=65

Just wondering what experiances you guys have had, weather there would be any difference, and which you think i shouold get.

Thanks!

2. dave_dub86 Forum Member

just something for you to consider is when im running no filters at all the engine doesnt run right over 70mph because the air is getting forced straight into the carbs and they dont like it. when i have filters on it runs much better at higher speeds. ive tried the k+n ones and i prefered them the only reason i dont have them on now is because the screw that holds the chrome plate on rattled its way out and i lost the chrome plate while i was driving! i just use pipercross foam socks now which so the job just fine - cheap too

3. CA121 Forum Member

they do a k&n with a clip on carbon effect top.
    also i have seen these with the xstream tops on. can't find one anywhere though.

4. gillm

gillm ***** User

i had k&n filters with a metal front to them which helped with icing

5. Sabre Forum Member

ok cool thanks for replies, but has anyone had any experiance with the RAM-FLO filters?
    See me previous link for info

ta!

6. erantomer Forum Member

those twin carburettors that go with trumpets and no filters- don't they kill the engine in two moments?