Megasquirt Serial Lead

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Brookster, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Hello everyone in ClubGTI Land

Having problems with my USB/Serial lead, it won't let my laptop communitcate with the Megasquirt.

I need another lead, what has everyone else used and were did you get it from ?

Cheers

2. steve r

steve r Forum Member

These usb/serial leads cause a lot of problems, did you buy yours from a megasquirt seller? They sell ones that should work as not all do.

My laptop needed a docking staion to get a serial socket, i got fed up with it so fitted one of these [​IMG] from

diyautotune to use usb instead.

Heres a pic during build/testing, i shortened the wires and mounted it on the other side of the board and cut a small access hole for the cable. I've not had any communication problems.

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

i've bought one from DIYAUTO TUNE

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

You convert the R232 port to what steve r has done and use COM7 or you can buy the USE to R232 converter that Tom from IOW has purchased both from DIYAUTOTUNE.

I can confirm both work.

5. Admin Guest

If you are still having problems then this website may help with the hard ware setup.