Twin 45 Airbox?

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Mk2_wannabe, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Mk2_wannabe New Member

Looking into running a Abf engine on twin 45's in my MK2 project and looking at ways to reduce the amount of hot air running through the carbs. Have found this old thread.

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52673&highlight=inlet+duct

Any further info or advice, have thought about moving the radiator or changing it for a smaller one if possible. Any help, advice or alternatives would be great.

Cheers

Will

2. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

Hi there, I too am fitting an ABF on 45's to my mk2. Here are some pics of my current 1.8KR on 40's. I've lowered the rad and moved it forwards to allow for cool air flow to the carbs. I've cut the radiator cross member down and welded it to the front engine cross member. Hope the pics help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Even with a big bad rad in the way the carbs on my 16v get seriously icey, I wouldn't worry too much!

4. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

i just cut a bit out of the fan shroud to make room...back in the day when i ran twin 40's