Innovate LC-1 Wideband on G60.

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Riley, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Im buying one of these wideband kits with gauge through a group buy on Volksdevil...:thumbup:

Ill be fitting a 4 branch manifold soon, and it has two lambda bungs, one in the collector at the bottom where the branches meet and one further up sat in one of the branches.

Would it be best to simply keep my original lambda in the collector, providing the ecu with a signal and run the wideband in the single branch purely for afr display on the gauge?

OR

Just do away with the standard lambda, fit the wideband and use it to both provide the ecu and also display afr on the gauge?

If using the wideband in a single branch will cause a less accurate spread of readings on the gauge, which im guessing it will. The i could always have a boss welded in before the cat...

So anyway, run both lambda's or just use the wideband for display and ecu?

Neil.:)

2. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

for me run both lambda's like you said, ecu in the single pipe, WB in the collector, which is where i have mine.

3. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Cheers mate, its not an innovate lc-1 that you have by any chance is it?

Just that ive stumbled across an innovate forum and it looks like people have a LOT of problems with them [xx(]

Anyone else run one of these?

Neil.

4. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

no my kit is from VEMS, i didnt bother with the innovate stuff as i have read about lots of problems with them.

5. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Mmmmm, little unsure what to do tbh.

It seems that people are having to remove the wideband probes, and recalibrate way too often...Not a 30sec job keep removing the lambda like[xx(]

I was wanting it as a permanent install but i dunno...at 165 quid with the gauge delivered, it is cheap money but worth the possible hassle?[8(]

Whats the vems stuff like Al? Is yours a permanent install? :thumbup:

Neil.

6. steve r

steve r Forum Member

I have an innovate LC-1 in my trackcar. The only time it ever needs recalibrating is if i disconnect the sensor from the control module. ie very rarely....... I've not heard of any major problems with them and they are used by lots of people with their megasquirt setups.

You don't need to remove the lambda probe to calibrate it, if the car is left over night its fine to calibrate it in the exhaust as all the gas will have worked its way out. I know this works on mine as toyotec set my car to cut the fuel on over run and the gauage then reads 20.9.

7. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

Cool, cheers for the info mate:thumbup:

Is yours accurate as far as the reading on the gauge, compared to the software for use on a laptop/pc?

How long have you had it up and running?
    Anything else you can tell me about it would be appreciated:thumbup:

Neil.

8. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

yes mine is a full time install, Toyotec has the VEMS system too.

9. steve r

steve r Forum Member

No problem,

Its difficult to compare both readings accurately as they are quite sensitive and change quickly but i think there is a slight difference of about 0.2 between the pc screen and innovate gauge.

I've had it running for just over 3 years now with no problems. I'm very happy with it, its a good product at a reasonable price.