MS extra and ABF Hall

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by tshirt2k, Apr 4, 2009.

1. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I've been soldering away on my megasquirt kit. And i've come to the part where i choose Hall or VR sensor inputs. But after looking at the MS extra manual, the wiring differs to the standard hall sensor wiring shown on assembly instructions. I know the ABF has a hall sensor and Autodata says it 12V. But can anyone advise how the circuit is wired? as there are 2 options?

[​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

I have jumpered XG1 to XG2 and Tachselect to optoin.

2. steve r

steve r Forum Member

The hall sensor is low to high, see here for more info on the capacitors and resistors. (Swap the 1K resistor for a 570 ohm one)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  3. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Cheers mate. I did see that thread but didn't quite get it at first. It is clearer now. Picture helps identify certain bits.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for the info. I`ll be going through the same soon !

tshirt, any mods you need to make from standard, I`d be grateful if you could let me know. Will make my life that little easier ;)

5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I think i will have to get some 330ohm resistors for the spark output. Doesn't seem to come in the kit, but i have some at work. These are the two resistors shown on the proto area of the board linking over to the ignition drivers. I am only using one spark output at the moment so it only the top resistor. [​IMG] Circuit shown below. Once you get the kit it becomes clearer. The picture shown by Steve r looks like it is using two spark outputs, so you will be doing it similar to this. As seen by the extra resistor shown in the proto area. Shown here for extra driver.
    [​IMG]

I didn't want to solder it all then mod the board after so i was flicking between the standard v3 assembly manual and the extra manual.