how to get 200bhp??

Discussion in '16-valve' started by CA121, Aug 3, 2009.

1. CA121 Forum Member

could someone please tell me the sort of mods an abf would need to get a genuine 200 bhp at the fly. it wont be for the road so i dont need any bottom end power just about 4500-7500

i would be running it on bike boddies,
    does anyone know what power brookster is getting from his new engine??

any info would be good.

many thanks Adam

2. steve G Forum Member

if you read through the 16v section this has been discussed at length mate

3. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Not run the Engine in yet and done any power runs on the rollers.

Estimated based on same spec engine between but with my cams 205 - 215 BHP @ Flywheel.

once run in i will be changing the cams to 300deg with solid lifters and 330cc injectors 240BHP @ Flywheel same as Paul Bargate's Rocco.

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

What diameter?

5. CA121 Forum Member

6. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

supercharge it, i think that would be the best option

8. lufbramatt Forum Member

sounds like its for an autograss car, guess for the class regs they have to run naturally aspirated so supercharging= not an option

9. Admin Guest

I would say with your ITB's, a good ported head, standard ABF 10.5:1 bottem end 4-branch, 272 cams, lightend flywheel and a good map will see you at around 190BHP.

I was running the above but with a 1.9L bottem end (maybe more compression) and I got 180BHP with an OK map.

My ITB's are now bolted to a standard ABF (no head work) and that has seen over 170BHP but also over 160LBFT. I will be soon be getting my ported head back on with my cams a good map and hopefully 190BHP.

If you want to start pushing over 200BHP i would say you need new pistons to give a higher CR and then cams to match.

Why do you want over 200BHP?

My philosophy these days is to keep the bottem end standard (for cost reasons of a new pistons and rods, the sometimes unrelyabilaty of rebuilt engines - iv killed 2 - and the plentyfull supply of ABF's for around 200.) And work on the rest of the engine/inlet/exhuast to extrach as much power as possiable.

I reckon with a set of Jenvy DTH or a very well set up (good inlet track/manifold) set of bike ITB's and good head work and right cams, you could get close to 200BHP on some rollers. This could take some time to acheive tho' as lots of trail and error is required.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  10. CA121 Forum Member

hi. thanks for the info. yes its for my autograss car, the class is unrestricted but turbo's and superchargers just dont seem to work great on a grass oval. the reason i'm saying 200 bhp is because i think that that is the amount needed to be competative at club level. plus i dont have thousands to spend.

is it possible to get 200bhp on a std bottom end?? would only be at about 7500 rpm for a couple of seconds an the striaghts.