81 MK1 golf GTi daily driver, full nut and bolt rebuild after storage for years

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by madasafish100, Jan 26, 2010.

1. madasafish100

madasafish100 Forum Member

Hi guys, just a few pics of my latest project after a full restore. Not fully finished yet still needs a front splitter and a good polish but opinions would be good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. madasafish100

Some interior pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. madasafish100

And some engine pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Lovely mate, out of interest what did you put behind the vinyl on the door cards?

5. madasafish100

underlay that you put under laminate flooring :thumbup: its wierd stuff dont really know how to describe it but i think i got it from wickes.

6. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Im loving the engine :thumbup:

I bet the twin carbs sound great!!!

7. madasafish100

Cheers mate [:D] The carbs sound ace, havent really driven it yet MOT is this saturday. Hopefully take it for a spin once the paper work is sorted and ive got some tax.

8. tarmacterror Forum Member

looks good mate,well done and enjoy it !

9. Aphex Forum Junkie

Niiiiice.

Needs a polish though.. you sure?? :lol:

Its hard to think of anything that looks out of place according to me own personal tastes. I'd maybe have the grilles on the speakers in black?

Cracking car mate

10. madasafish100

cheers mate really appreciate it!:)

11. madasafish100

Haha it is pretty shiny already i guess, but another go over with the buffer and some finishing polish should just sort it ready for the summer.
    The style i was going for is pretty much standard with a few little "tweaks" of my own thoughts thrown in, although now you mention it some thing has to be done with the speakers they look far too modern!

cheers for all your comments guys :thumbup:

12. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Looks awesome and an excellent job. The only thing that lets it down for me is the door cards, they look a bit home made and a bit pants but the rest is stunning!

13. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

Impressive work.:thumbup:
    Are the side stripes blue? or is it a trick of the light?

14. madasafish100

hahaha they are home made and they are pretty pants im not goina deny that :lol:

its all good i really like the carbon ones you can get but dont fancy fitting speakers in them so just settle for some naff ones till i can find a better replacement.

15. madasafish100

well theyre colour change.... they kinda go from terqouise to blue to silver depending on how the light hits it to match with the paint which u cant really see. But it has a subtle colour change too kinda dark blue, purple and patches of gold over the wheel arches depending on the light and angle :) prob doesnt sound gd on paper but looks pretty smart in the sun.

16. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

A couple of quid per litre then. ;)

17. madasafish100

i bought the car as a non runner just because of the bodywork/paint so thankfully i didnt pay for it [:D] :thumbup:

18. madasafish100

Thought i would update this as its changed a bit since the last pics, Slightly different interior and some exterior carbon trim and 15x8 bbs rm's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The dash and some other parts of interior trim are being flocked at the minute so will put up some pics once all back in.

19. Road Boss Forum Member

Very nice!:thumbup:

20. fraser87 New Member

boot spoiler as a front splitter?
    may just be me but it looks rather like a spoiler:p
    lovely car though mate