MK2 master cylinder best one ?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by JWYATT, Jul 3, 2010.

1. JWYATT Forum Member

Alrite my master cylinder is in need of having new rubbers fitted as its bringing in air , i've got a mk2 16v with the 22mm one , and i was wondering if there is a better one i could upgrade two , i've got g60 discs/calipers up front , also waiting to fit a brake bias vavle inside , so i'd be doing a few things to my braking system and might aswell hit the lot in one go , i see the G60 one has 22.2mm is this something i could fit ?

So i was wondering what everyone thought ,

Cheers Joe

2. Fray16v Forum Member

3. Paul-R New Member

Thats a nice size upgrade ! Do those MK3 Master Cylinders fit on the MK2`s or do you need to modify the bulkhead / pedals orservo ? I`ve not seen that suggested before.

4. Fray16v Forum Member

5. gunit-84 Forum Member

i run an audi s2 jobbie its 25mm and is a direct bolt on. usualy cheaper than the others cos no one wants them. got mine for a 10 delivered. possibly too big for your calipers but i run the audi twin pot callipers it was designed for.

6. altern8 Forum Junkie

what size is a vr6 one?

7. turbotommy Forum Member

Yes,mk3 ones are 23mm (its stamped on the top) and a direct bolt on fit.
    Only thing you need to swap is the unions from 11mm to 13mm,so thats a flairing tool needed if you dont have one.