F17 BAD, Black OEM+ Golf mk3 GTI - MTM'd - S3 POWERED!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by kells, Nov 19, 2010.

1. kells Forum Member

Well here i am, thought I may aswell add these pics to this section, (thanks to nearley :thumbup:)

A little bit of background on the car first.

I bought it as a sorry looking runner around 4 years ago as a stop gap. At the time i had been f*****d over big time by an ex and lost everything i had. so i needed a cheap car..

Hello to this little bad boy of a mk 3, which was 100% standard.

year is 1993 on a L plate

i thought it was metalic black untill i polished it and it turned out to be the more rare (and better IMO) flat black L041 :p

ALL the paintwork is factory, the car has had paint correction but no repaint work what so ever :)

Plans are to keep it looking OEM, S3 engine conversion is coming soon too :thumbup:

anyhow, som,e pics of said car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Converted all my interior switch illumination to Red/ Blue as found in MK4, my clocks are the latter type which require a total strip down (de soldering) blue smd chips used for the miles and clock displays ar erobbed from mk 4 clocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cleaned/polished the dreadfully dirty engine with my own hands, this took alot of hard work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Factory Recaros i had retrimmed by my good mate MJ @ MJ Interiors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is what me and MJ found hidden under the cars carpets on the chassis of the car, in a very decayed bag, lots of these deals of crack cocaine and some regular cocain, looked to have been their for years, car obviousy led a dark previous life

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Winter centre caps
    [​IMG]

Summer Centre caps (hand polished and hand painted crests, took me 2 hours per badge to do!)
    [​IMG]

Wheels are genuine Porsche Design 90, with custom paint finish 8j x 16 on all corners, 30mm adapters, arches rolled and pulled

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Very clean motor there:thumbup: How have you got your arches fixed on, what with them being rolled?

3. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Good thread. Lot of attention to detail gone into it.

Can't believe you found those little bags under the carpets! I mean bloody hell, imagine if you'd had a random search by police or customs or whatever.

4. dan_1987

dan_1987 Forum Member

Very nice - liking the Mk4 look with the dials

5. kells Forum Member

tshirt2k, the arches are held on with some sort of fixer tape (bodyshop stuff) this is on the outer edge then their is tigerseal below this.

They were done in my mates bodyshop, the one in the background in a coupe of the pics.

trev16v, yea mate out thoughts exactly, would have been hard to find as they were very very well hidden, more than likely lost by whom ever put them their.. inly just spotted them when i was wiring up the heated seats looms..

6. kells Forum Member

Here is another tiny mod i just did, looks pretty good on the car, rear VW badge, 3M carbon wrap

[​IMG]

7. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

very sweet looking Mk3 :thumbup:

8. holty Forum Member

Not really a fan of Mk3's, but this i like [:D]

9. kells Forum Member

cheers guys :thumbup:

10. nealey Forum Junkie

I never realised it was a 5 door! Definately one of my favourite mk3s

11. kells Forum Member

Cheers matey

that was one thing the car had to be (5 door), as i am a DJ, not only is this the car i use to get to all my gigs which is most weekends, i also run/promote events too and at the time of purchase i was running a very big event where i would fly DJ's in to the Uk from all over the world. we used this Golf to do all the airport runs etc. Obviously a 3 door car is no good when you are picking up world class DJ's and their baggage etc

Its never ever once broke down, failed a MOT or given me any hassle since iv owned it,.

Its been a great car, zero rust on this one either, i really have got attached to the thing [l]

12. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Thats one lovely MK3 you have there. :thumbup:

Love the interior and the engine bay :thumbup:

13. kells Forum Member

Thanks a lot man, really appreciate the words ;)

seems a shame to be removing the engine after all the hard work i put in, but the new heart will get the exact same treatment :-)

14. Idlewillkill Forum Member

Nice dude, not feeling the headlights personally but its your car bud :thumbup:

You should do the carbon treatment to the front badge too, looking forward to seeing the engine swap take place, you tackling it yourself?

15. kells Forum Member

Cheers matey,

The headlights are something i really love, plus these were a dealer option when these cars were new, And they also have the projectors.

The lettering on the number plates is carbon, so i did the rear badge to fit in with that, did think of doing the front one but i wanna keep it looking as standard as i can..and i kind of like the front badge as it is for some reason [:s]:)

i also carbon wrapped a spare rear spoiler, it looked cool but wasnt for me.

doing the conversion myself with the help of my mate, in his premises 9the bodyshop in a couple of the pictures above)

this will be happening just after the new year and i cant wait :-)

16. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

A 5dr Mk3 and I really like it, looks super clean:thumbup:

Cant believe you guys found coke and crack in the car, someone else on here found some really old weed, best Iv found is a few quid and a pack of gum:lol:

17. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Design 90s always look good on a Mk3. I had a set mirror polished on my old Mk2 VR6. :thumbup:

18. kells Forum Member

We were very shocked mate, it had obviously been there for many many years, id say from when the car was quite new by the look of the decay on the outer bag in which all the smaller deals were stored in (which were perfectly preserved)

was around 20 crack deals and 5 normal cocaine, the latter were larger deals, a friend confirmed crack deals were usually around half the size of cocaine. i bet it was all worth a bit !!

19. kells Forum Member

agree on that mate, suit it down to the ground, the mk 3 needs a full face wheel IMO, quite like the slots too (928 rims)

20. kells Forum Member

car is now in winter mode, standard GTI rims etc..

small new mod, new led modification iv done, these illuminate the gearstick/cubbyhole are really well without distracting you in the night, similar to what you find in the new BMW's

[​IMG]

:thumbup: