dta wiring loom, 20v t, whos done one??

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by rob_watti, Aug 24, 2005.

1. rob_watti New Member

im after help off anybody who has made there own wiring loom for a 20v turbo using dta management, even more so if you have used a 225 tt engine. ive figured most of it out but just have a few problems.

thanks rob

2. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

whats up mate i didn't do my own but totally regret not doing it, would have been pretty much a peice of cake [:$]
    Edited by: Vento Mike

3. rob_watti New Member

wiring up the coils and injectors. on the dta wiring diagram it shows one wire splitting into 4 for the injectors, that cant be right can it?? kinda same thing with the coil packs. im sure its just me miss understanding it. lol

thanks rob

4. deebee Forum Member

received my e48 from voodoo today with the loom all done on a 150 hp agu engine. if youre really stuck i can possibly trace the pin numbers to the relevant bits i.e coils, injectors etc.

where are you reading the crank position from? on the head by the pulley or the plug on the front of the block?

5. altern8 Forum Junkie

6. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

yeah thats right mate they share a common ground, then you have a trigger wire for each injector, this is also similar for the coil packs in your case

7. rob_watti New Member

i understand that they share a common ground but do all the injectors inject at the same time all the time? surely they have to if they only have only have one wire coming from the ecu?

not sure where im reading the crank position from yet, where is the best??

thanks rob

8. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

thats a lie actually mate, they have a common + and one feed from the ecu, thats all it is. It's the pro thats capable of switching the injectors individually unless you do have the pro that is.

The coils are fed seperatly 2cyls on one wire and 2 cyls on the other

9. rob_watti New Member

ok cheers vento mike. cant understand why they do it like that really because surely the fuel and air dont mix properly if the injectors fire all the time. but who am i to question there management system when im struggling just to wire it up. lol

so where is the best place to measure the crank position from??

thanks rob

10. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

20vt, just use the normal crank sensor in the normal position...

try 78 deg BTDC or i've got mine at 80 and it seems fine.

there is 60 teeth on the crank wheel including the missing ones. (there are two missing teeth)

11. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

oh and do click that link and ask questions on the dta forum that someone posted earlier above...some very knowledgable people on there, apart from me :lol:

12. A_N_Other Forum Member

Injectors are fired together by DTA, once per rev from memory.

Doesn't make too much difference as on port injection engines most of the fuel is taken into the cylinder from a puddle on the back of the valve and the port walls - which is why accel fuel is required as the injector doesn't "squirt" the fuel into the cylinder through the open valve.

Flat out, the injectors are open about 85% of the time anyway, so it's pretty much a continual spray of fuel even if the valve is only open 35-40% of the time

coils are fired wasted spark - once per rev - in pairs too.

I don't think the DTA will run TT coils though? You may need to get another coil pack - double ended Peugeot 406 2.0l petrol one is good (GSF)

Best place to measure crank position is from the crakshaft (Ho Ho!) the camshaft can move in relation to the crank (and pistons) due to stretchy belt and all the valve springs fighting it. Camshaft usually used just to figure out which cylinder to fire (1 or 4/2 or 3)

13. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

dta will run the seperate coil packs, click for amplified coils