Megajolt 36-1 trigger wheel

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by lingymk1, Dec 13, 2005.

1. lingymk1 New Member

Im currently undertaking a 16v ABF conversion in my Mk1. Im running twin carbs and a megajolt/ford edis ignition system. Can anyone tell me where I mount a 36-1 trigger wheel and sensor. Is there any wayI can use the VW speed sensor (although I dont think its 36-1)?

Also, can any recommend who can make a set of custom leads to go from the ford coilpack to 16v head.

Cheers

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

If you use a late zetec coilpack the standard vw leads fit on.

I've got a 36-1 wheel from a guy called Chris Good, search for user javos-g2 on ebay to see the wheels he sells. I've not actually got around to fitting it yet, a bit of machining is needed to fit it to the crank pulley. I'm going to fab up a bracket to mount the sensor to the bolt holes for the PAS bracket that are just behind the crank.

3. stephcasscar Paid Member Paid Member

I got helped on this thread with the set up hope it helps you.

linky

4. Joe_G Forum Member

Sorry to bring back this old thread but I'm trying to do this myself.

Martyn, how did you get on with the trigger wheel on the back of the crank pulley? I had a look at doing this but it looks like the trigger wheel will then collide with the plastic cover around the cambelt. I could cut back the cover but it'd be nice to keep it as is.

If I use a spacer then I'll have to do the same thing on all the other pulleys ..

Cheers,
    Joe

5. Fenn Forum Member

i'v just set up megajolt on my mk2 8v (well pleased with the results!)

i turned a sholder on the outside of my crank pully (non pas) and pressed my trigger wheel on. then i ran a weld round the sholder and cleaned it up on the lathe.

hears a few pic's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I haven't yet (still [:$] ). I don't have the cambelt covers on my engine so hadn't thought about that part, but otherwise I was planning to do pretty much exactly what Kenn has done, just on the other side of the pulley.

7. Joe_G Forum Member

Hi, nice pics.

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines myself, except machining the inside of the pulley rather than the outside. I dont think what you've done would be possible on my pulley, I think the 16v pulleys are different.

I've got the big "vibration damper" style of pulley where the heavy outisde is conencted to the inside with a rubber ring. I think these are standard on the 16v's.

I think I should be able to get the trigger wheel on the inside, but will have to make sure it goes on the inner section, not the one connected by rubber!

I've also got PAS so think I might hit collision problems having the wheel on the outside.

Cheers,
    Joe

8. stephcasscar Paid Member Paid Member

Hope this helps, this is the setup I will be using, ive got power steering so a few of the other pulley's were modified slightly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Joe_G Forum Member

Thanks for that guys, you've given me a few ideas. :thumbup:

I'm just doing the pulley at the moment as I'm fitting PAS so thought it would be good to get it on now rather than having it all off again later. I can do the bracket at a later date.

Cheers,
    Joe