4 bar FPR - overkill?

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by mr.brown, Dec 15, 2005.

1. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

2.0 16v on ITBs, previously happy with an external 3.5 bar FPR. Now not so happy with a 4 bar FPR in a 1.8T fuel rail.

Could having too high a fuel pressure damage electronic injectors?

Or am I just being a girl?

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Too high a pressure can cause problems, but 4 bar is nowhere near too high. I assume you've altered your fuelling table/settings to account for the extra fuel going in now it's running at a higher fuel pressure?

3. mr.brown

Yeah, yeah....of course [:$] [runs off to read manual and look up "fuelling table"]

4. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Mine runs 5.5bar at full chat, no problems with the injectors opening.

5. Llamatec New Member

Have you dyno tested your car yet KeithMac?

6. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Not yet, did a trackday last week and it`s eaten all my money! On with fitting an intercooler, and making up a system to listen for knock (knocksensor, lappy and headphones :lol:).

Have the timing at 10dbtdc at 15psi which is bound to be killing the power, but I`m paranoid about knock [:$]. Once I`m sure it`s not knocking at 15dbtdc or a bit higher I`ll take it for a RR run, interested myself to see how she goes :thumbup:

7. chrismc Forum Junkie

Just wondering why it needs so much fuel pressure??

My FPR is set at 3bar & the car is still burning a hole in the ozone above Wiltshire (13-15MPG [xx(] ) Needs leaning out somewhat i reckon!!

Booking in soon for a setup with DTA master Steve Greenald, so we'll see where the old girl is at after that!! [:D]

8. mr.brown

Didn't need it per se, it just came with the fuel rail. I've actually just changed it to a 3.5 bar one.

Bit of a trek for you to see Mr Greenald? I'm going to be taking mine to him to get set up when it's ready....again.

9. chrismc Forum Junkie

Well a bit of a trip yeah, but he IS Mr DTA by all accounts so im not going to P*ss about.....

All being well, the beast may crack 200BHP when it next goes up to a Stealth RR day... [:D]

Cant be doing with the K-jet boys beating me [:s]