Dbilas inlet manifold

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by steved, Jan 31, 2006.

1. steved Forum Member

I'm just about to remove the old Mangopooty inlet manifold from the 16v in favor of a Dbilas manifold, Does anyone know what these are like, Quality, Flow ect.
    I can't seem to find any photo's of these either so if anyones got one could you please post it up.

Steve

2. Danny boy Forum Member

HI (I guess you got my email?, i managed to log in by using Internet expolorer)

Here are some pics of 2 45 dcoe manifolds i have (Dblias and Rowlands manifolds) The shorter one is the Dblias manifold
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want any more pics let me know. Dblias looks a lot better quality than the South African Manifold. I got he south African one from Rowlands manifolds (He sells them to Porttuning and other US performance shops etc). I got the Dblias mani from ebay (germany).

Edited by: Danny boy

3. steved Forum Member

Thankyou again, I think i'm going to get the Dbilas manifold anything has to be better than Mangoletsi.

4. Carbs4ever Forum Member

The Dbilas is obviously just as short as your magoletsi one - judging by the pictures... so i can't see much point(advantage) in going for that one

i got the rowland one too and to me it looks like a far smoother carb to head transition due to it being longer

and the more intricate bits of the mould on the Dbilas one could be copied to the rowland version with die grinders and a bit of work...

just a thought...

also the Rowland one was around 100 which is 70 cheaper than a new mangoletsi version

5. Dub Nutta Forum Member

What you want is a TWM Manifold as they are alot longer but you need the throttles wide open to get a good flow of air througth the engine.

The shorter steped manifolds will flow better on part throttle as the angles butterfly will be helping to direct the air througth the setp and in to the engine. you may even find the engine will make max power on less than full throttle.