Vortex or not to vortex??

Discussion in 'ICE' started by mk2monster, Jun 18, 2006.

1. mk2monster

mk2monster Forum Member

ive got a mk2 golf gti and have just got a new stereo, and seperate monitor both are normal din size, but obviously there is only room for one in a standard gti. ive heard stuff bout vortex console's (from awsome) and am not sure about getting one, 1st for the quality and 2nd all the hassle, and i do want to keep my gti as standard as possible! any1 got any ideas?

2. alby Forum Junkie

make sure you get a genuine votex one. the copies are crap and not worth the dosh.:)

3. mk2monster

mk2monster Forum Member

where can i get them from? how much cos the ones on awsome r 50??

4. alby Forum Junkie

one sold on ebay recently for 117 quid. best keep an eye on there or the various vw classified websites. they're discontinued now so expect to pay a premium for one.

iirc the awesome ones are the same as the ones swg sell. they really are badly finished and dont match the original console plastic. i sold a votex a while back and the guy that bought it showed me a copy one. it looked like it was made from sweetie wrappers.

5. kona786 Forum Member

anyone got a pics of these puppies?

6. Barkstar Forum Member

Whichever you get (mines a fake - the reals one go for just stupid money) beware, though it has two DIN slots the depth behind the top one is limited by the heater box I couldn't get my Pioneer unit in the top slot. Do a search as there's pic of both side by side. I got mine second hand for sensible cash after spending weeks chasing real ones on ebay.de If it has to be right then spend 100 plus otherwise the SWG job is fine once it's in place - I just wanted to get the stereo out of the dash and have a CD holder as well.
    Barkstar

7. mk2monster

mk2monster Forum Member

ok cheers ppl, looks like a lot more than i thought thou! :-~