points on yer license

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Buff mk3, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Buff mk3 Forum Member

Has anyone got the web address for the site that details all the codes for convictions? Got 3 points for an SP60 in 2002, got a feeling after 3 years they can be removed? If so, do you just send your license away with a covering note? Any info appreciated :)

2. Golfgirl Forum Member

3. Seraph Banned

yep, points are spent after three years, and wiped from licence after 4 years(sp30)
    except for drinkdrive offences.

get a D1 form to get them removed.

4. Golfgirl Forum Member

Just looked on DVLA's site and it's 19 to get them removed!

5. Buff mk3 Forum Member

Thanks people, guess I`ll wait a while. It`ll be 4 years in December

6. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

When I got mine taken off my license they sent me back my cheque, with a note saying it was free because the change was for licensing reasons. I'm sure they got it wrong, but I wasn't going to argue :lol:

7. Buff mk3 Forum Member

Rob dogs!! If the points are spent after 3 yrs what difference does it make if you leave them on your license? Wouldn`t affect insurance would it?

8. Golfgirl Forum Member

Most insurance companies usually ask for convictions in the last 5 years anyway, so even if you have them taken off your licence after the 4th year you still have to declare them to the insurance company for another 12 months!

9. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

And it means when you produce the paper part of your licence at the cop shop, they can see if you've had points within 4 years rather than 3 - so they can decide to send you to jail for ever and ever. Or the electric chair - it depends on the cop, really.

10. Buff mk3 Forum Member

Prefer lethal injection tbh :p

11. Steve B Forum Junkie

i hate the police!

think i may have been caught today by a camera van

it was on a dual carridgway that is normally a 50 - 70 mph limit but there wer roadworkjs anyway after all the roadwork bits where the machinery and stuff was there must be two or three miles of cones on the hard shoulder for no reason and a speed limit of 30 so everyones speed is creeping up over those miles cause its one of those big roadwork jobs thats been goijng on for years so everyone knows where the danger spots are on it and know when the speed restriction its going to end anyway must have been doing about 40 - 45 at the most when i spotted a cmaera van right at the very end of all the cones probably too late tho i slowed to 30 but i was probably too close anyway

it annoys me more tho because its in an area where there are no work men no work traffic no hazzards of any kind infact the most dangerouse object on the whole stretch is the speed camera van itself anbd its obviously one of the cmaera vans just there for profit they know peoplespeed up there cause they know people know that the roadwork ends and the road is not dangerous so they stick a camera van there to cash in i bet if you looked at the records there will have never been an accident there ever!

it annoys me even more tho because im a very conciouse driver and i never speed in dangerouse areas especially in 30 zones in built up areas and school areas and so on i just cant stand it when the police blatently place cameras in areas just to cash in , it annoyed me before i was possibly caught but it annoys me even more now!

and all you people on your high horses with shouldnt have been going faster can feck off before you start cheers!

12. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I've always wanted to drive towards one of those vans with an RPG, hanging out the window....... wonder what speed an RPG does once fired?:lol:

13. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

lol why not just aim the rpg at the van!?

14. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    write "up yours saddam" on it and maybee he will get the fine!! and points

15. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

That is the idea........[:|]

16. VDubChick Forum Member

God knows how many points i'd have if i sent any of the fines back.

They only ever followed one up, sent me to court which i didnt turn up for, then got a letter in the post saying they went ahead without me and all i got was a 120 fine, no points no nothing, so that's what i've done ever since:thumbup:

17. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

Why remove them? I've got some convictions on mine from 2000 that still haven't been removed.
    Granted, they aren't valid, but I like to keep them there. Just so my boss doesn't think I'm some squeaky-clean, choir singing home boy.:lol:

18. Claypole Forum Junkie

You need to get them removed for stuff like hiring vans (well the places I've been anyway), they don't like seeing them on your licence whether expired or not and the police use them as an excuse to say that you were speeding due to previous convictions before letting you go because they have no evidence. :)

19. ghoster Forum Member

gah, plod, license, court, dodgy solicitors, witness' that dont turn up = bad news.

get this

went to a party in the stix , (girlfriends village hall - engagement do), place is a hot spot for ' real chavvies' - nr. Rochester, Kent.
    parked up blocking me mates motorbike right in so it couldnt be molested, unfortunately backed me towball into a range rover number plate ( below knats chuff mph) during the manouvre.
    Owner of R.R. upon hearing no.plate crack was in mode, leaped a fence and at me van window screaming stuff and wild hair /eyes etc, the build up of frothy goo at the mouth corners, everythin.
    What I got from it was he thought I was nicking his car or bits or? I was wearing me only hugo boss suit and dickie bow, er? hmm.
    so , cos I was laughing at the state of the man - he was gone baby - he landed one in me face! WO.
    well, no big me crap here, just say I exacted retribution several times and prolonged headlock yaddah yaddah. Matey screams ' Sue call the police'' sue calls em.
    I calmly informed matey of his current state in life, parked me van and went into the village hall. De scuffled and mellow.
    20 mins and two toast's of bubbly later, I spy old bill vehicles outside, so I approaches them - being the upstanding bloke I am.
    I was threatened by them with a dog, cs gas, telescopic batons galore - matey said I was armed with a bat ? bear in mind - im in a suit n dickie, so I would not lay on the floor which wound em up further.
    then upon hearing testimony from others that countermanded maties claims, in fact they firmly put him in the frame, they then switched tack, '' you had a drink''
    ''2 chablis but Im staying here tonight''
    '' yeah course you are, blow into this will you''
    I had me bird, her sis, the gagement bird an her mum etc , all saying I was staying but plod, having used petrol and radio batteries in the call out were determined to get something back. so they just b tested me? o course it was just over legal
    So they d.d'd me off. I hate drink and dont like drinkers, so this hurt.
    Well, you cannot plead not guilty to being over the limit, you are or you are not, simple
    Fast forward 4 months - in court, despite an old bill witness blatantly lying an me brief pulled her wicked on it, the judge actually said this, so it could be found in records...

'' Despite the confusing evidence that the prosectuion have put forward, I am compelled to act. The law cannot be seen to be wrong and must be seen to be effective, I find you guilty of being drunk in charge of a vehicle''
    Gobsmacked, even the old bill couldnt beleive what he said!
    So , having the obligatory 4 points on for a box junction problem, he gave me another seven!
    '' Considering the facts here, I will not ban you but these points will make you more careful in the future'' ( yeah, never talking to a copper again)
    Two subsequent appeals were rejected, - wonder why eh?
    Who do you know of, gets done for dd but does not get banned? no -one but no-one.
    So here I am with the dreaded dr10 despite being almost tee total. (ickle combustibles only)
    All because some paranoid pshyco got over exited
    Each time I have gone for a job it affects me when folk see it, they dont listen, they aint interested. Me insurance was fubar for four years also.
    Even now, its a nasty blight on the paperwork that I feel I have to explain away, which makes me look sad.
    points eh.........grrr

20. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    i just dont know what to say...... were you in the van with the engine running when the police attended - very strange system we have here