The Green Mist - Mk2 16v 9x16's - bumpers update page 3

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by mikedub, Sep 20, 2007.

1. mikedub Forum Junkie

Blast from the past :p finally pulled my finger out my **** and done something with the car [:D]

anyway here is my thread [:D]

My car is a 1991 J plate 1.8 driver in madina green, its been in my possession since November 2002, I use it daily as its the only car I own and this thread is a brief summary of it's life.

Here is the car as standard, just a tidy mk2 driver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost straight away work began (round a mates gaff btw) with a rear disc conversion and some bodywork including caddy writing welded in under the boot lid, smoothed passenger door handle, some big bumpers and a gti arch kit...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then the car went off for paint, unfortunately I have no pics from when it first came back but after a while some Azev A's, coilovers, an RA Design splitter, M3 mirrors, an SWG R 3 slat de-badged grille, magnex backbox, hella clear rear lights and front and rear corrado seats were fitted along with a few other bits and pieces, eventually I had the car looking like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had the car like this for a good while, the only thing I changed was the rear lights.

[​IMG]

Eventually the old driver lump was getting tired and it was time for something better, fortunately this rear ended valver came up at the right price so I decided to go with that, here is the state the car was in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was around this time that my bonnet clip broke and when I got a new one I decided to polish it up.

[​IMG]

This set me off, I found it quite easy to polish the bonnet clip so I thought Id do some parts off the engine and get it looking mint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I got to the manifold / rocker it wasn't so easy (it was hard work tbh) but Im glad I persevered as this was the results of 10 hours on the inlet manifold.

From this

[​IMG]

To this

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  2. mikedub Forum Junkie

By this point I’d discovered that the head on the 16v engine had a crack in it so a new head was bought and I decided to rebuild the engine, when I had it looking like this on a trolley I though I’d never get it back together but eventually with help from a few people the engine was back together and ready to go in.

On the trolley

[​IMG]

Back together
    [​IMG]

Eventually it was in, running and with the addition of a chromed rad cowling looking something like I wanted it to.

[​IMG]

The first proper outing for the car after I put the engine in was Edition38 2005, at this point the car looked like this, maybe not to everyone’s taste but I was happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car stayed like this for a good while, the next additions were a couple more shiny bits for the engine, remove the tinted windows and I decided to revert to standard splitter and mirrors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 days after this picture some fat ginger ***** hit the car in a car park !!!!

Unfortunately the dent wouldn’t buff out. After about 3 weeks of trying I finally traced the big fat ginger ***** down and she admitted full liability, although she maintained that she didn’t realise she hit anything ! . Anyway with that the car went off to IMPACT repair centre in Brighouse who like any bodyshop seemed to take forever but I have to admit they did a fantastic job, the car was initially only in for the repair but I decided it was an ideal opportunity to make a few changes. Here is the car fresh out of Impact with G60 arches, new side skirts and the roof painted black, also I removed the eyebrow spoiler, added a coach stripe as side trim and got some pressed plates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car stayed like this for a little while but I soon got bored, when this set of rims came up for sale on here I had to go for them, the only problem was when I tried them on the car there were some major clearance issues.

[​IMG]

But I had to make them fit, so I started to attack my arches ,when the car was sat outside the house looking like this I though to myself “WTF are you doing?” but I carried on regardless and I’m glad I did!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  3. mikedub Forum Junkie

This is how the car is sat outside now, looking the best it ever has imo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wheels are 9 x 16 Kerscher Carmonas with 205 40 16's on, they're a multifit centre wheel and you buy adaptors from kerscher to make them fit whatever pcd your car is. My plans for the near future are to smooth the front bumper and paint the tops of both bumpers in textured black to match the arches etc... also going to get a hidden back box and smooth the cut out in the bottom of the rear bumper.

Anyway, hope yall like it and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mike

4. mookie Forum Member

That looks belting! Wow. Not my taste early on, but wow what a look now! Congrats though on doing your own thing and ending up with a bit of a corker!

What's on the inside though?

5. pRot3us Forum Junkie

Wow, loving the new dishes Mike [:D]

[8D]

6. Dub20vt Forum Member

liking the 9x16s :thumbup:

alwys liked your mk2 and it seems to be getting better and better!

7. Jay 16V Forum Member

Thats the way to do it , not over the top , just pure class , love it mate:p

8. Jonny777 Forum Member

That looks awesome! [:D]

You took your car to Brighouse?
    Dont suppose you live anywhere near there then?
    I only live up the road.

9. mikedub Forum Junkie

Thanks for the replies guys [:D] not been on really for ages so i'm intrested as to what some of the oap's on here have to say lol

i live in manchester but IMPACT came highly recomended and since ity was her insurance company paying thats where i took it :p

10. Aphex Forum Junkie

Wow. lovely mk2. Shame about the fat cripple that hit your car :thumbd:

11. David Number 2 Forum Member

never did like your car :thumbup:

regards

Dave

12. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

OMG. Thats some dish!

Nice one Mike.:clap:

13. paulyb Forum Member

One of the best golfs on here, top class:clap:

14. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

i liked it with azevs and grille spoiler on aswel tbh but the black foof, caddy lettering and monster dishes make that car very near perfect imo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

whats clearence like on the rims now after the butchering took place mate?

15. benthejettaman Forum Member

i so like this car,
    ive said it b4 in your other threads on this car

16. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

:clap: then it will be getting there;)

smooth out the indicators and plate recess while you're at it! and smooth the air intakes in [8D]

looks stunning mate :thumbup:

17. Jonny777 Forum Member

You gonna be at the Manc CGTI meet on the 23rd then? [:D]

18. gazwold Forum Member

really like that wasnt my taste at the start with the front bumper but now looks spot on

Gaz

19. muppet9966 Forum Member

Looking good (as ever)

20. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

lo mike

ure car really has moved up another level with the latest changes

sorta thing that should be in poster form on peoples walls