recaro seat repair mk2 grey/red spripe

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by keith_lemon, Jan 2, 2009.

1. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    is the cloth available from anywhere & can this be done easily - when upper side bolster worn and requires retrim. only asking cos ive seen a set that need a sight repair

these seats (my old set)
    [​IMG]

2. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

The '88 spec tartan patern seats used the same grey fabric, I've patched mine up with it :)

3. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

really.....

this stuff!?! - might have to destroy some rear benches
    [​IMG]

4. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Yeah them, I used the headrest covers to get enough of a patch to neatly stitch into my hole :)

Before (we're looking at the big hole, not the couple of little ones)
    [​IMG]
    After, not too bad I feel, considering I did it myself [:p]
    [​IMG]

Only pictures I had to hand...

5. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

cool, the sides of a rear bench should just about give enough material to chnage the wole bolster, cheers:thumbup:.

bet you had an itchy arsse after that glass being on your seat, i remember driving a car home after putting a towel over the seat (no hoovering) my **** was on fire for days

6. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Some (though I'm not sure which) of those sets of seats had cloth backs rather than vinyl, which would be ideal :thumbup:

I cleaned all the glass out before I went anywhere since it happened outside my house [8(]

If you weren't so far away I've got one of those benches you could've had, nobody wants it, even for free!

7. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

cheers for that, a mate of mine has a full set hes been trying to get rid of for ages too.

so i have a choice now, buy a car with a worn seat - swap my interior and also steal its wheels and sell on

or

buy a later type of recaro interior for near on 500 quid.

decisions!!

8. Doddsy Forum Member

My '86 GTI interior is absolutely clapped out, front seats give me serious back problem unless I've a pillow for extra bolster. I want to get some decent seats and saw these and the corresponding price of 600+ and knew that I'd have to look else where.

http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/ergonomics/expert-l.php

I going to restore the interior and want to start with some decent seats. My budget is about500, I'd really appreciate some advice.

Bobby those seats look excellent - are they from the later MK2? I know the Corrado seats are a striaght swop and would like to keep the original rails in mine - I'm not up for welding new rails in.

Thanks.

9. SimonG Forum Member

I'd keep checking the classified ads on here and also e-bay, sometimes a set comes up for sale. I managed to purchase the same seats (front and rear) for my Golf for about 350 in pretty good condition and they are electric height adjustable. Expect to pay a little more with matching door cards.

10. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Factory optional extra from '88 on, early has a different type which are just as nice imo.

The door cards are the same as the '88 tartan seats mentioned about, so won't cost the earth, maybe 20 for a set of those..?