how to spot a real Corrado Storm

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by G60KG, Sep 27, 2009.

1. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Hi just wondering if it states 'storm' on corrado storm log books? is there any other way to varify a real storm? chassis number maybe? and are the green ones dragon green or is it a unique colour and whats the paint code?

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Corrado Storm Original UK Sales Brochure

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

easiest way, is it will be probably 2000 over priced and the person selling will be late 50's wearing a baseball cap and thinking its the nuts

HTH

4. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

lmao! Dont pay the premium, well, not unless you want to be a total gimp. You can get better specced vr6's in better colours for less money.

5. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Well I should be collecting one this week. I did not pay over the odds for it so lets hope its not a dog.

6. micky1 Forum Member

:lol: :lol:

7. Dubmeister1997 Forum Member

Righto, so the neat looking mauve/Purple one i saw the other day going in for a photo shoot was not a 'Storm' then!

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

Meaning that you've bought another car without seeing it - will you ever learn?! :lol: Start scouring the classifieds for an engine/clutch/fuel pump.....

9. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I decided to be sensible and not go ahead with the purchase. Not only did it not have service history but no decent MOT history either. Apparently it only covered around 3k miles in the last year or so and the mot history I managed to dig up had some reoccuring advisories pointing to further neglect.

Edit: forgot to add the drivers side rear quarter looked like it was sprayed by urr...... you Mike ;)

10. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

most raddo's are neglected - shame really as its a modern classic. Mint one's will be worth a fortune in a few years.

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

Golden Rule: Look first, THEN do the deal. Cars are far too complicated to buy unseen. It looks from this that you're finally learning that one, Grasshopper,

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009