heater

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by 16vrick, Dec 8, 2010.

1. 16vrick New Member

hi just got my fan to work on the heater of the car but seams to be a poor blow in all areas any ideas,ive seen the one where you take the dash out to clamp it back down,but there doesnt seam to be much coming from anyplace thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

could be the foam on flaps inside the airbox has come off, which leaves metal flaps with massive holes in

3. 16vrick New Member

cheers ,but which air box do u mean ?

4. squidlegs Forum Member

All the foam in my heating system is blowing out all over the place, I've been searching old threads and seems similar to everyone else's problem - "hot air not that hot" but it seems to take a while to get to temp also.
    I'm going to give it a go at blanking off part of the rad, but how can I replace the foam in the heater ways?

I think I'll replace the matrix also?

5. rubjonny

by airbox i mean the bit behind the dash which has all the air direction flaps and the heater matrix in

6. squidlegs Forum Member

Can you replace the foam? And if so, how?
    :thumbup:

7. rubjonny

yeah there are several methods to repair, i used some aluminium tape to cover up the holes. works but it makes the airbox more 'clunky' as no foam to deaden em. can use sticky backed faom stuff to do a more factory repair. trouble with my airbox is the clips kept snapping when i tried to split it, so i gave up and had to repair em thru the holes in the airbox :lol:

8. squidlegs Forum Member

9. J0HN30Y Forum Member

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but its all I could find for the hot air not that hot and foam on the flaps gone search. Is this a dash out job or is there a trick to reaching the air box without pulling the lot out?

Thanks in advance
    John

10. rubjonny

you can get it out no problem with dash in, the heater matrix guide covers it but in addition i recommend you remove the extra nut on passenfger side of bulkhead near the coolant tank p[lus a plastic nut up near the passenger a pillar then you can p[ull the whole airbox out complete. also dont take the cables off the airbox, just remove the heater panel and knobs then you can pull the airbox out with heater panel attached. another tip is when you disconnect the heater matrix pipes in the engine bay, put 2 bungs in the outlet pipes that way you wont get coolant all over the carpets

11. J0HN30Y Forum Member

Thanks for the reply and advice John, I'll check out the heater matrix thread too