Removal & refitting of conlog alarm module

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by cozzie, Dec 11, 2010.

1. cozzie New Member

Advice for Mk 3 Golf GTI

I have noticed a few guys looking for advice as to the location of the conlog alarm module. I have just replaced mine because my old key fob needed replacing and I managed to find a full system on ebay cheaper than having the old fob repaired :clap:

Here are the illustrated instructions

I removed the headlight switch console, not sure you need to, but it was a lot easier to see what I was doing with this removed,

[​IMG]

Remove the fusebox housing by pushing the white clip upwards and lifting the fusebox up and towards you away from its mountings, this gives you room to remove the alarm module,

[​IMG]

The end of the fusebox showing the lug that the white clip connects to,

[​IMG]

Here is the module with the casing removed. TIP: Take a picture before removing the casing for reference, I ended up having to do it twice, was the wrong way round [xxx]

[​IMG]

New module connected and after second attempt [:x] the casing is on the correct way. Note the red circled aperture bends away from you

[​IMG]

The alarm refitted showing the single nut & bolt holding it all in place. The red circle just about shows the aperture bending downwards.

[​IMG]

Not so sure that it might have been easier to buy a new alarm system after all this because I have now figured out that the batteries always seem to malfunction when they are cold, :thumbd::thumbd: but if it helps other guys out suppose that's a bonus :thumbup: