Wiring 8v Digifant into Mk1 Caddy

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Mr. B, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Mr. B New Member

Hey guys!

Rather than keep clogging up Rubjonny's profile page I thought I'd start a thread for myself.

I have a 8v digifant engine to go into my Mk1 Caddy, and have also managed to get hold of an early digifant loom, that has the correct connectors to plug straight into my CE1 fusebox.
    Thanks to Rubjonny, I already know that there will be some lengthening/shortening of wires here and there so everything sits nicely, and a sensor that needs adapting in the engine bay.

What I want to confirm is whether the CE1 digifant loom will plug straight in at the dashboard end, or if I will need to swap plugs over from my Mk1 loom?
    Additionally, I want to make sure I get hold of any further relays I wll need ahead of time. From Rubjonny's fusebox FAQ it looks like I'll be needing this:

"32 = MK2 digifant ECU"

and either of these:

"80 = fuel pump (MK2 digifant, 16v and MK3 models)"

"167= fuel pump (MK2 digifant, 16v and MK3 models)"

Are there any others necessary for the conversion, or any others that will do the same job as those above? (I'm sure I read somewhere about a number 53 for the ecu, but I can't remember where)

Thanks in advance for any help! :)
    B

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

no need to touch anything at all, except the engine loom. everything else will be fine as is, including dash, lighting, clocks etc :)

for the ecu you need a #53 relay for a CE1 fusebox, and 67, 80 or 167 for fuel pump. thats it :thumbup:

the last piece of the puzzle if your car doesnt have an electric fuel pump, is you'll need to add a pin to plug E, pin 14. its a larger size pin, but you could probably cut one out of your old engine loom and use that. there is also a spade wire to C/18, which is starter motor live. this runs from one of the 2 pin plugs in the scuttle.

3. Mr. B New Member

Brilliant! Just what I needed.

Cheers mate, I'd be a gibbering wreck if left to puzzle it out for myself. :)

4. HEX

hex New Member

i'm wiring a digifant into a mk1 cabriolet with the old old fusebox. i have the relays 53 and 80 also the engine loom from a mk2 CE1. now what goes with what? :) the relays should probably be put separately, not in the fusebox? with some new wiring included also. i'm not sure, but are there just 3 cables going to the ECU?