Smallest wheel over 305 discs and brembo calipers?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by rallye13, Aug 11, 2012.

1. rallye13 Paid Member Paid Member

anyone know what the smallest wheel diameter that can clear a 305mm brake disc?

Using a brembo (Ibiza Cupra) caliper!

Think it's currently has 17s!

Thanks

2. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

There is a thread over on seatcupra.net that lists them all but I can't find it at the moment.
    Anyway, I know some 15" fits but you need a really low offset. You also don't leave much room for air to cool it all down.
    I had to go up to 16" and ET35 is the max really. My wheels are ET37 and had to use 5mm spacers to clear the calliper.

3. rallye13 Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks, ideally I want to run 16s!

I'll look on Cupra.net!

4. m1keh Forum Member

5. big4244 New Member

Porsche boxster S calliper, eBay hangers, Ibiza Cupra R discs and team dynamics pro race 1.2 15x7 et35 with a 10mm spacer
    [​IMG]

6. mec82 Forum Member

the seat brembo's will definitely fit under some 16s but not all, as above though you might need spacers.
    I hear they might go under some designs of compomotive MOs in 15" in the right offset but can't confirm that.

big4244 are they porsche boxster rears? they look much smaller than the Ibiza brembos?

I have TD pro race 1.2s and I'm certain Ibiza brembos wouldn't fit, I'm using 280mm discs with the calipers moved in and they juuust squeeze under 15s. :)

7. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

Badger-5 Bill is the man to ask about this

8. big4244 New Member

There the same as boxster S fronts but being black means there off the rear of another porsche or something...theyre abit bigger than Ibiza Cupra R brembos I think :-S I used to have girling 54's and 280mm discs then went to girling 60's off a S2 now to these with the 305mm discs

9. My 16 inch Borbet Bs clear my 305mm Brembos. My 15 inch RAs didn't.

Hope that helps!

10. thegave Forum Member

Most motorsport 16s (Compo, Speedline, etc)

Speedline Turini, Comp2, Compo TH2 for sure.

11. 16vt Forum Member

15'' compomotive mo at around 20et or lower will fit without spacers, 37et will fit with 15mm spacers and so on...

12. Dclarke Forum Member

I run 15's with a 305mm set up on my race car. Compomotives with 20et fit fine and no cooling issues what so ever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]