MK2 rust near front jacking point

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Jacek, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Jacek Forum Member

Few days ago I found out some serious rust near jacking point, and place where screw, for plastic wheel arch fits. The jacking point was 'damaged' a little bit while ago when I was using jack. It got crushed when I was lifting the car, but I hadn't time to repair it. I know that car was hit in the front, from the driver side, but it was more than 6-8 years ago. I already repaired the fender on the drivers side.
    Here are the photos, is there any hope :( ? Is this part element of car platform? It's not the floor from what I see (last picture),
    1 - whole after the screw, 2 - jacking point

[​IMG]
    link to larger photo
    [​IMG]
    link to larger photo
    [​IMG]
    link to larger photo
    [​IMG]
    link to larger photo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

These are what you want:

[​IMG]

Those panels I have shown a photo of are still available from VW Classic in Germany I believe. The ones pictured there are my own that I have stashed away for one of my MK2s. They were (but apparently are no longer) available from a VW maindealer. They were about 50 a side at the time. Count yourself lucky it's not a G60 you have, because the equivalent panels on my G60 are different and are over 250 a side. Here's my progress at replacing one of them on the G60: http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?98265-G60-Syncro-Edition-One/page7&highlight=jacking+panel

See here also:

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?251880-MK2-Golf-Jacking-points-Ouch&highlight=jacking+panel

3. Brendarnii New Member

i would also cut from the mk2 im breaking if was interested. if so message me [:D]

4. Jacek Forum Member

Trev16v thank you for this info.