Sprint fuel system

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by RobT, Jun 9, 2013.

1. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

Hiya

Have recently changed my Ibiza fuel system to a pukka race design, binning the standard 45L tank in the process. Also took the opportunity to resite my oil tank at the same time. Now we have 10L tanks for oil and fuel, inside a box enclosure as per MSA regulations for safety. The fuel tank has internal foam to combat surge, and a built in rollover valve again as per MSA regs to stop fuel coming out of the breather if the car becomes inverted. Having a small tank has enabled me to remove the 1L swirl pot fitted previously to the standard tank.

Have reused the standard plastic lines running under the car as they are nice and safely out of the way, and joined into them in the area where the standard in-tank fuel pump would normally sit. The tanks sit above the spare wheel well, with filters and pumps below in the wheel well so that there is a decent gravity feed to the pump. Pump is a genuine Bosch 044 so that is well up to the job. Hose reduces in diameter as we go through the system, 12mm ID tank to prefilter (stainless steel), 12mm prefilter to pump, 8mm ID pump to post-filter (10um), then into std lines (8mm OD). 8mm ID back to tank again. 044 pump wired into standard in-tank pump electrics with an old kettle flex. Seems fine at the flow rates I need for my atmo engine.

I do think that an 044 is way over the top for my car, but the lesser pumps were marginal on capacity, and gave little scope for going to higher flow rates for future projects ;)

All seems to work a treat. Took a LOT of time to get it all to fit and work, and just takes an age to do anything when you have to make it all from scratch.

Just need to find out how far 10L will take me now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

Neat ... is the `roll over` valve the red item on top of the tank ?

3. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

yep

4. bazf Forum Member

Looks very neat Rob.