Anyone recommend me a custom manifold/exhaust builder for race spec 16v in the NW?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by djdubs, Jul 24, 2013.

1. djdubs Forum Member

Hi all, I'm having a 16v engine built to race spec and require a custom four branch manifold built with merge collector to specific dimensions/lengths etc.. Can anyone recommend me somewhere that can do this to a high standard with the right equipment and software, etc? It's a Mk1 Golf with 16v transplant. I've tried Pipewerx but theres quite a wait. Also going to try JP.. any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

2. 13craig13 New Member

I was going to suggest Pipewerx as they are really good. How long is the wait? Where are you based?

3. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

There's Saxon Motorsport who are currently fitting solid lifter to my engine or JMR who is on here a lot, he built Ian Godney (Godspeed Brakes) Golf rally car's engine that's pulling 250bhp.

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. djdubs Forum Member

Not having a right lot of luck so was going to wait for Pipewerx but it turns out they don't do 1.75" pipe for the primarys! Thanks

Not thought of Saxon so that might be a option. Jason at JMR is actually building the engine for me and has supplied me dimensions but unfortunately his exhaust builder only uses mild steel and I was hoping for stainless. Thanks

Thanks for that, I'll give Simpson a call. Tried JP but nigh on impossible to get a quote out of them and they never get back to me!!

I may even have a go myself if I can get the collectors to order? Any other ideas? Thanks a lot everyone

6. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I was also going to suggest JP in Macc, or Pipewerx (built me a brilliant 2.5" system for my Mk2). Since they're out, Blueflame is fairly close to them in Skelmersdale (Ian Birch worked there before starting Pipewerx...)

7. djdubs Forum Member

That's a good shout too thanks, ill give them a call. JP eventually got back to me this evening but a lot more than pipewerx quoted, it's just a real shame they won't do 1.75" for some reason? I'd like to stick with JMRs measurements as 1.5" is too small and 2" too big :-(