The "Big Dirty" MK2

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by FreedomCore, Jan 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. FreedomCore

FreedomCore New Member

Once again it's been a while.

Fitted a new cluster over the course of the week. I say over the course of a week as i had it out about 4 times.

Fitted it once, lights didnt work
    Fitted it twice, speedo cable had broken
    Fitted it a third time and the speedo needle was sitting at 15mph while standing still.

Ill take a picture later.

I also got a couple of the stickers that i picked up from Big Bang on.

[​IMG]

I didnt manage to get a photo of my last one but im a stickler for lists. Realised i cleared the last one so i refilled it. Let me know if i missed anything.

[​IMG]

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  2. dub303 Forum Member

Coming along nicely that, well saved!

If your inner grille lamps are still a bit milky and you fancy tackling them on the cheap, I think they can be cleaned by whacking rice in 'em and shaking. Easier than splitting them and re sealing them like I did, and will sit nice with your cross hairs. I used black tiger seal which gave them a kind of black ring around them. Unintended look but nice.

3. FreedomCore

FreedomCore New Member

[​IMG]

Honestly I was just keeping an eye out for a new set. But if that could help to clear it up then I'll give it a shot. I kind of like the sound of the black ring around them though. I may have to steal that idea.

4. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Great stuff! It was far too good to be in a scrapyard. I like the chin spoiler depth. I could do with one of those to switch to when I have ramp work to do instead of taking the deeper one on and off every time.

I'm not sure about the size and shape of the bottle brush (particularly against the reflector), but I bookmarked this when I was looking for something else. I'll think I'll try a bit of Fast Glass on mine.

[YOUTUBE]8w-IPw-g8bA[/YOUTUBE]

5. FreedomCore

FreedomCore New Member

I think im going to give this a go. Ill take some before and afters.

Thanks for the find

6. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

No problem, it works I did mine on Saturday. I just used Fast Glass and stirred a wad of paper towel around with my finger. A bit of care should be taken around the thin cast of the earth terminal when bending back the adjacent tab.

7. FreedomCore

FreedomCore New Member

Gave the lights a clean today. The pictures really don't do it justice. Came up really nice.

Left
    [​IMG]

Right
    [​IMG]