VW Polo 6n GTI JDM/J'Euro Inspired \\ Takata, Bride, Engine swap //

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Tech-Ho, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Tech-Ho New Member

Hey all, First thread on here now my little polo is officially a GTI!

****VERY VERY VERY PICTURE HEAVY THREAD****

Firstly a bit of background about me and the car, just so you can appreciate all the time, effort, blood, tears etc that the car has received from me.

I bought the car as a completely factory 1.4CL, tidy car with a few rust spots. This was my first car and I was 16 at the point of buying. I was unemployed at this point also and still in school so the money used to buy and start modifying the car was what had been saved for me over the years.

I had no idea what I wanted to do to the car, after looking through forums and ideas my original plan was to respray the car in the original colour and have a black roof with a roofbox. That soon changed when I found the JDM/USDM look. I noticed that the polo's that were 'Jeuro' seemed to be jap themed wheels and the imported tailgate and thus 'Jeuro'. I wanted to go further than that.

Thie car started off rubbish, but you'll see where the theme starts to take shape whilst reading, get your kettle on your desk as you'll be here a while. The car has been build whilst unemployed or working part time at 5.03p/h on an 8hr contract in retail, so I think i have done my car proud.

Soo.. Lets get some pictures going..

The day I bought my first car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Obviously the first modification I did to the car was buy a de-badged grill. Then shortly after I decided to start work on the bodywork, baring in mind I am unqualified at ANYTHING automotive, I do as much as I can myself before asking for help. I'm a Very hands-on guy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know.. ruined. No going back for paint now. After forums searching, 16v bumpers were popular so I opted to buy some for myown, not knowing anything about Polo's and what had/hadn't been done yet. Decided to have a fully smooth bootlid, instead of failing at smoothing myown I found a 6n2 bootlid that had already been welded. Another common change were for the 6n2 rear taillights and as I purchased a bootlid, I got the rear lights also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Car went off for paint, my friends convinced me that if i was having a fully body spray I may aswell change the colour as it would be no extra cost. Few other body mods were done also; rolled arches, smoothed front and rear bumper, smoothed aerial etc. At this point I hadn't even started my lessons yet so the car went back off the road until then.

This is the colour I chose..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Few more pieces purchased for the car not long after this. Some cheapy bucket seats and some eBay special coilovers to sort out the terrible immigration arch gap. Ignore the licence plates for now, however bad they look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Post approved and welcome :thumbup:

3. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Well done, that Polo looks really tidy! Good colour too.
    I like the styling, much better than some of the current scene trends that often end up on Polo vehicles.

4. Tech-Ho New Member

Thankyou! Can finish the tread now, picture limits! haha

Keep reading, changed loads!

Obviously now I had passed my test and was on the road to freedom in myown car! Had my first show wit hthe car coming up and money was tight so managed to some little touches to the car before hand. Painted the licence plate bracket red and the brake calipers blue (bare with me on the colour scheme...). I had also at this point to strip the rear of my car bare and re-paint the metal work satin black and colour the headliner black also.

At the show my mates decided to COVER my car in stickers. We took full advantage of the free stickers Maxxis were giving out. Couldn't be bothered peeling all the stickers off at the show so made my car legal to drive and left the rear three windows until I got home..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Few weeks passed with no progress until a few bits popped up online and I bought them.
    Foglights that I Lamin-x Yellow, a GTI 6n2 splitter and I put the original orange indicators back on for all the JDM's. The fogs and splitter came on another 16v bumper that I planned to smooth myself as the bodyshop filler'd the one on the car so it had a dip in the middle. This one I plastic welded myself.
    I also put the original badged grill back on the car to see if I liked it.

[​IMG]

Now.. Up until this point I was getting all kinds of abuse on the forums saying how my car was terrible, how its not anything JDM, It will never be JDM etc etc etc. This just made me adamant to make my Polo as JDM as possible for the money I could afford.

The biggest mod for my car came at this point.. a full 6n2 dashboard and doorcard conversion, once again done all by myself apart from the wiring - the dash came out of a 6n so it was a matter of plug and play for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The dashboard was the first mod where people looked at my car in a different way. Repainted the terrible wheels on the car until I managed to find myself a new set of wheels.

[​IMG]

This next part is where things started going wrong.. A woman drove into me on the snow. As the paint job on my car wasn't the best to start, I decided to take this opportunity to get a full respray once again, this time with alot more body changes.

New front bumper, fully custom 6n2 jap-spec rear bumper (FIRST EVER ON A 6n), re-smoothed the aerial, smooth the doorshuts and sills, and a few other bits..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tech-Ho New Member

During the time the car was in the bodyshop, I managed to find some wheels for the car. Previous owner he wrong stickers on the wheels, Rota's not Sprint Harts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TWO Weeks after the car was back from the bodyshop, This happened.

[​IMG]

Back up the bodyshop for a new door and a few imperfections in the paint, the guy at fault paid cash the next day for the work to be done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pictures above were two days before a car show so was on edge as to whether the car would make it. Gladly it did and the day of the show I had some new goodies through the door.. Genuine Jap-spec 6n2 rear lights and a Red strutbrace home-made by my mate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now.. Lets talk business... You can see where the theme is going here right? Let me just throw a curveball.. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bride Gardis Driver seat, Bride Zeta II passenger both in red with Takata 4 point harnesses. 5 panel wink mirror.
    After all the hate the car received from putting Brides and Takata's in.. I decided to make the back of the wink mirror a little less plain with something... 'More JDM Than a ****in' Integra'. My mate said it to me once and it stuck ever since..

[​IMG]

Now.. Nothing really happened for a while, just attended shows and such. Bought a set of new winter wheels off my mates Mazda Mx5 - Rays Mazdaspeed Ms03 3 spoke alloys. Ufortunutaly hit Ice on a rounabout and hit the rear bumper into a barrier.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Car stayed bandaged up for a few months, duee to it being winter thought it be pointless fixing it just for something to potentially go wrong again..
    Bought a smooth wiper stalk with no rear wiper button on the end, this is a little touch that NOONE ever notices about my car unless I point it out to them. I also bought something that gave my car something to really make the people take notice..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few weeks after I began a refurb on the Rota's.. Re-polished the lips myself and I Always paint the wheels I have at home using aerosols.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During the refurb It was coming upto mid-showseason so the car was ready to get the bumper repaired. Few little touch ups and a new smooth bonnet was also done as someone sat on my bonnet at USC and cracked the paint during the first night of the show. Well annoyed!
    Back from the bodyshop and took it for some photo's with the new colour Rota's fitted..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided to lower the polo a little more, It sat nice but I wanted a little more. I also got hold of a set of Red GTI doorcards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the last show of 2013, I decided to get an audio install done by my mate to finish the rear of my car of better.. Subwoofer is completely funtional whilst hidden also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now that showseason was over.. The mazdaspeeds received a refurb, once again carried out but myself.

[​IMG]

6. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Certainly made some changes :thumbup:

7. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

It's not to my taste but it looks nice, good work :thumbup:

8. Tech-Ho New Member

Oh its far from what it was.

Yea it has mixed opinions, but its nothing you normaly seen done on a polo.

Sorry about the multiple posts, there is a 35 picture limit per post and I have a lot haha

Next and final part to bring the thread upto date.. THE ENGINE.

Started as a 1.4 8v.. Now a 1.6 16v GTI. Engine swap was carried out by myself in my garage completely unaided other than timing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Streches and spacers on to clear the brakes and this is how she sits today..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My little whore.

9. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

Very nice a lot of work gone in there :thumbup:

10. Tech-Ho New Member

Soo.. not much has changed, car still has a few interior pieces to sort out like windows and stereo system.. Been having problems with them so gave up for a while.. hopefully be sorted this week or im going back to manual windows.

Bought some clear-lensed headlights to change the front end a little, make it look a little less factory..
    [​IMG]

Few recent pictures of the car from Krispy Kreme at the weekend..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'More Jdm Than a ****in Integra' hahaha
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Few plans for this year.. but at the moment money has become tight again so will be slow progress again.
    ?

11. Tech-Ho New Member

Those who went to Modified Nationals saw that my little JDM Whore made it inside on the Deutchland Red Carpet Area! So so happy with what the car has achieved over the years!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pictures to come once they have been emailed over from the photographers.. Car will be at players Classic next weekend, come say Hello!