Mk5 r32 2007 rough idiol possible timing ..

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by powernut, Oct 27, 2016.

1. powernut Forum Member

mk5 r32 engine code bub
    Engine starts rev clean..but very lumpy miss you after cold start starts dropping to 600rpm
    So far I've fitted uprated coils and plugs....(with no change)
    I'm seeing multiple missfire on the clyinders.
    I plugged vcds in and it's stating cam and crank are incorrect correlation (I'd add a pic .ignore other faults as front end is currently removed..
    I've then assumed timing issuise so removed dsg box and fitted a full chain kit.
    Everything lines up correct on lower chain..but the 2 hydronic pulleys don't seem to move enough according to auto data day gain.so once camshafts are locked in place .how far should the exhaust pull move mine only moves approx 3/4mm.the intake pulley is fine moving it's full duration.
    Also noticed the wiring for vvt solionds and camshaft sensor wiring have all bin cut and joined...bloody nightmare.before I start ordering 400quid hydrolock pulleys anyone have pic or info on these.along with the correct correct markings as this vechical has the smaller soliond black connectors along with later pulley triggers pickups..ps timing will aline with the correct 16pins but housing marks don't look spot on the housing marks.
    Vechical also comes up with a lamder fault which I've ordered those too

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

You have used the correct cam locking tool when attempting to line up the upper chains I take it?