New garage build. - structure done, electrics done, now on to location of things

Discussion in 'Garages, workshops & DIY' started by M7R, Aug 10, 2011.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

It is up and running now, cabs in, work tops done, freezer in, tool box is in as is the mk2, it all seems to fit, just! Thers a couple more set of wheels to come back but we should be fine. The bikes fit easiy down the side of car or in the camping storage area, ill get some pics up tomorrow.

Only prob I have had is rain under the garage door, but a seal bonded to the floor seems to have sorted that... Just need to try and cut down the condensation now when the temp changes but it seems to be something that affects all garages,

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

Good work ... :thumbup:

3. Ess Three Forum Member

Cool...where's the pics? :lol:

I don't suffer with condensation in mine, do you have plenty of vents?

I get a coating of condensation/moisture on the painted floor if you are working with the door part open on a wet day...with the door shut there is none regardless of temperature changes.

4. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I have pics.... but they are on the wifes camera, so will be up tomorrow when I remember to take out the memory card.

the condensation seems to be the same in mine, I opened it the other day it was as dray as a bone, but within 5 mins there was a coating as it was a damp but warm-ish day, so I think I will just have to live with it

5. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

photos finally!!

gives an idea how long it is.
    [​IMG]

Vince in his new home,
    [​IMG]

The sign Mel the wife got me
    [​IMG]

Room down both sides (excuse the mess, Im still sorting stuff out)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The weather seal to stop the rain turning the garage into a padding ppol.
    [​IMG]

The work top (it's under there some where!!) still need to get the doors for the units though..2 300mm doors per unit to help save space between the front of the car and the units.
    [​IMG]

The "shed" area.... all the camping stuff is in there, but the bikes will be moving to the side of the car once its all clear and sorted.
    [​IMG]

should be brill once I have finally put some bits in the shed, and straightend things out