Anyone dealt with www.bolt-action.nl ? Have I been scammed?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Adam_in_Cambridge, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Adam_in_Cambridge New Member

Hello,

Haven't posted on this forum for many years but recently unearthed my car (that has sat in my garage for 6 years; not even turned the engine over in that time. Incidentally it started at the first attempt once the battery was charged!) and have been busily working on it, and have now taxed and tested it just in time for the arrival of the wet and windy season (i.e. late summer). As it requires "a bit of work" I have been shopping for shiny new parts. Unfortunately I am concerned that I may have been scammed so I wanted to find out whether other people have successfully ordered from www.bolt-action.nl

So I ordered some parts from www.bolt-action.nl and paid via international bank transfer (after the website refused to accept Paypal, which was my preferred option; I made several attempts to use Paypal but all were rejected) but that was a fortnight ago and other than the immediate confirmation of my order (but not confirmation of the payment) I have received no communication whatsoever.

Using the contact form on the website elicits no response, and nor does direct emailing in reply to my order confirmation. The business is listed on Instagram but the owner has not replied to my message on there either (I have messaged both his old and new profiles).

Any information or experiences relating to dealings with www.bolt-action.nl would be of interest as I am getting rather concnerned.

Thanks in advance.

2. HPR

HPR Administrator Admin

A quick Google search revealed another one that ordered 4 months ago, paid €180 ...and got no reply...

3. Adam_in_Cambridge New Member

Thanks for the reply, that's helpful. I tried to contact the owner (Marc Sheper, a Dutchman; he has a Linkedin profile and seems to be a IT bloke) via Instagram too and he has ignored my messages. My bank is attempting to retreive the funds and I have reported the crime to Action Fraud. Can't find any addresses for him sadly; I could use a holiday on the continent.

It's a shame as his website advertises some great products but as far as I can tell he may be a thieving b-stard.

4. Adam_in_Cambridge New Member

5. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

He has a Facebook account and is a member of the Club Facebook group not that I've seen him post but could be worth posting there

6. Adam_in_Cambridge New Member

Thank you, I'll look into that :thumbup:

7. Ixso88 Paid Member Paid Member

Hi Adam, so how is your purchase?
    Because i’m in the same situation.
    Giuseppe

8. Adam_in_Cambridge New Member

Hello Giuseppe,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the matter is not yet resolved. I have reported the fraud to my bank; they have informed me that Bolt Action's bank (ING) refuses to refund the money and have advised me to take the matter further, which has proven to be difficult as Bolt Action have been entirely unresponsive to my (repeated) attempts at communication. I have therefore reported the matter as a fraud to the police (via the ActionFraud website) and they have given me a crime reference number and registered my complaint as transactional internet fraud. The matter will now be referred to local enforcment authorities but I have been informed that this will take some time.

To expedite matters I am looking into private investigative channels as I take this sort of matter very personally indeed; I am fortunate in that my work involves partners all across Europe so I visit frequently.

I'll keep this thread updated as things transpire.

Kind regards,
    Adam

9. Adam_in_Cambridge New Member

Hello Giuseppe,

I have just checked my email and coincidentally I have, just this morning, received an email from Bolt Action offering me a refund! I have spoken with my bank and have been advised to send my IBAN details and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Kind regards,
    Adam

10. Ixso88 Paid Member Paid Member

I’m also, today after i wrote here, and wrote i fb, the person told me in few days they will send me my order!

11. HPR

HPR Administrator Admin

Kamperfoeliestraat 4, 2563 KK Den Haag, Nederland
    37C9+73 Den Haag, Nederland
    bolt-action.nl

Adam_in_Cambridge likes this.
  12. Adam_in_Cambridge New Member

Almost unbelievably I actually received a refund today! I had thought that my hard-earned was gone but I'm very pleased to see it reappear in my account!

13. Ixso88 Paid Member Paid Member

ohhh sound Good! he wrote to me that in the next days my package will be sent

14. Zane New Member

Hi! I also have a bad feeling about this company. Made an order a few weeks back, also a payment via bank transfer in an amount of 752 Euros, still have no answer from the www.bolt-action.nl. Contacted my bank today and now they know the situation.
    Adam glad you got your resolution, hope i will also get some conclusion.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  15. Zane New Member

which one on facebook is the real profile?

16. Ixso88 Paid Member Paid Member

17. Zane New Member

18. Zane New Member

What do you think worked from all the things you'd done?

19. Ixso88 Paid Member Paid Member

my order has left

20. Bolt Action New Member

hey guys,

i'm really sorry about the delays, i've been having some personal (marital) issues which unfortunately influenced the side business.
    This was never my intention, and i'm definitely not a scammer.
    Every issue should be resolved, all orders are either shipped or refunded. If something still is not right, please contact me and i'll try to resolve it asap

Thanks for understanding,
    Marc