Golf MK2 1.3 LHD Import

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dubber84, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Dubber84

Dubber84 Paid Member Paid Member

I’ve decided on 40mm eibach springs and shocks only because 60mm is a little extreme and I have speed humps on my road ;)

2. Dubber84

Little update, I’ve purchased brand new front and rear small (red stripe) bumpers today along with new black rear centre VW badge and Golf badge. I’ve also bought a new de badged grill with the red pin stripe. If anyone is after these parts I can recommend this company “wek34” in Germany. Check the link below very good and reasonably priced. When they arrive I’ll upload pics however none will be fitted until the car has had its paint work done. I’m giving it a blow over as there are a few minor scabs appearing :)

https://www.werk34.de/en/

3. Dubber84

Latest decal edition for the import :) 7B1D52CC-A552-44B2-B274-267AB1709DAC.jpeg

1990 and dodgy like this.
  4. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Wow, you must love the number 4. [:D]

Dubber84 likes this.
  5. Dubber84

That is the original sticker that has to be put on the display when registered in Germany. I was going to pull it off however it didn’t want to come of easily so being that I’m replacing the screen thought I’d leave it on instead of make a mess ;)

dodgy likes this.
  6. H8V

h8v Forum Member

It's an emissions sticker, only certain stickers allowed into city centres, etc.

Dubber84 and dodgy like this.
  7. Dubber84

B287B302-D405-48C8-A4AA-5D929C77A536.jpeg My Polo GT steering wheel arrived today, I know some of you may know I recently changed it to a D shaped one however being that the car has no power steering it was a bit of a struggle so I decided to go back to an original wheel :)

dodgy likes this.
  8. dodgy

Is that a 6n polo? Allie's car has similar but older style wheel, got told it was an optional one?
    Know the guy spent years trying to find one and also said there is one with a red stripe too?

Attached Files:

Dubber84 likes this.
  9. Dubber84

My new “Red stripe” front and rear bumpers arrived this morning along with “red stripe” front grill and black rear badges ;) 9ADCEB94-59FC-46D9-A530-502881942424.jpeg

cupracraig, 1990 and dodgy like this.
  10. Dubber84

from what I’m told this is from the Polo GT years 90 to 93, I think that one you have pictured is the earlier type? I’ve never seen one with a red stripe, I’d want one tho :)

dodgy likes this.
  11. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah is MK2F polo (G40 shape) wheel. Its kinda OE as the MK2 golf edition blue uses the same wheel but with a black trim rather than silver

Dubber84 likes this.
  12. Dubber84

So little update for everyone. Due to the way this year turned out its no surprise that body shops are running a little bit behind.

Nevertheless, I’ve secured a slot and the import is booked for February to under go a full windows out paint job along with painting the engine bay.

Then after that it’s off to have it’s rebuilt engine fitted by Elliot at 3D Motorsport recommended by gybjw. They did a great job on his MK2 and so thought I’d give them the task of doing mine too. Just awaiting for some bits to arrive from Germany then I’ll be making my way to Wales to drop it all off so they can start whilst it’s being painted. Stayed tuned for the next update in the New Year.

PS Merry Christmas

13. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I see you've just put it up for sale? :(

Dubber84 likes this.
  14. Dubber84

yes unfortunately I’ve had to as I got made redundant due to Covid and back in July 2019 I had an accident where I had to have 4 discs removed from my spine and I was pottering around moving bits in the garage the other day and my back just snapped. So I’m now awaiting another operation as I’ve slipped yet another disc :( if it hadn’t lost my job I could of kept it but losing that and now not being able to work for probably another 6 months I just can’t afford to keep it. Well unless I win the lottery Wednesday night and in that case for every paid member of Club GTI I’ll buy you all a new VW of your choice ;)

15. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ouch, now that does not sound like a good day out!

I’m sorry to hear it :(

Hope all goes well with the sale & the op

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Dubber84 likes this.
  16. dodgy

Sorry to hear of the troubles my friend, never rains but it pours, as they say.
    Hope you get sorted, you know where we are, all the best. Dave

Dubber84 likes this.
  17. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Sorry about that brother - it is a setback but cars can be replaced, health is the most important and must come first. I had problems with my own back and had some procedures (ozone and disco-gel) - I know disco-gel sounds like a hair product you apply before hitting the dance floor but it certainly helped my sciatica and back pain.
    I wish you the very best with everything.
    Robert

Savagesam and Dubber84 like this.
  18. Dubber84

Thank you all for your kind words and support! Really means a lot! Just in case anyone’s wondering.........No unfortunately I didn’t win the lottery:) however as for the import, I’m really in two minds about selling it. So I’ve priced it as what it owes me and if it doesn’t go then I’ve had many long discussions about it with the boss as let’s be honest they always get the final word ;) so being that I’m currently semi disabled and will be for a good few months due to the back log from the effects of this dreadful Coronavirus I can’t get even an MRI scan for 3 months!! So being that I do have another everyday car I’m going to put that up for sale in the new year that way allows me to free up some cash and keep the Golf. If that is the case and I can keep hold of the import then I will just have to delay all my plans but as mentioned by Costel1969 my health comes first and we only have one back so a little advice for all take care of it and don’t forget to stretch and bend your knees! I’ll keep you all updated, again thanks for your support. Merry Christmas and let’s hope 2021 is a lot better for us all. Stay safe

Skool and dodgy like this.