1986 alpine white Mk2 GTI resto. R32, Recaros & More!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by UKLonar, Mar 18, 2021.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

@saladman , fabless sent stuff in 3 days from Canada to UK when I ordered.. had import tax to pay though on top.

Vinnie and UKLonar like this.
  2. Vinnie Paid Member Paid Member

What was the tax rate dodgy please

3. dodgy

@Vinnie , Off top of my head, 20% on both goods and delivery.
    There is an online import tax calculator, worked it out beforehand and was pretty close to the bill I got sent, easily sorted.
    They do quite a few discounts on their items if subscribe to the newsletter, probably due one soon to be honest.

UKLonar and Vinnie like this.
  4. Vinnie Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks have been looking thinking of getting the kit to move the engine over looks much nicer

UKLonar likes this.
  5. dodgy

@Vinnie , Boost fabrication we're developing the mounts for r32, try them, uk based so no tax on import or courier fees.

UKLonar and Vinnie like this.
  6. Vinnie Paid Member Paid Member

Will give them a call in the morning

dodgy likes this.
  7. dodgy

Epytec also do stuff, from Germany, but retrofication and others are UK agents I believe, but I've got a few bits on order direct at present, for my not a project project :/

Vinnie likes this.
  8. Vinnie Paid Member Paid Member

• I like the idea of not having to cut the front leg.so thinking of going down that route. And it looks like a proper job

UKLonar likes this.
  9. UKLonar

UKLonar Paid Member Paid Member

Apologies I've missed some of your questions, I'm rubbish keeping up to date on any forums! :lol:
    They're fantastic to deal with over any platform, I must have sent over 40 emails and countless messages on Facebook before pulling the trigger. They were able to address any questions I had (even the stupid ones) as well as provide valuable advice for the build.

Their stuff is expensive of course, but fairly often they run promotions and I'd expect another one soon. Annoyingly, shortly after I'd bought all of the bits from them, they ran a 15% off sale!

Shipping was very quick and I was surprised with how fast it came, considering it's all the way from Canada. Very well packaged too, if that makes any difference.

More pics to follow.

Vinnie likes this.
  10. UKLonar

I went into the garage yesterday for a progress update and I must say, it's all looking very exciting! There's plenty of bits to be getting on with and parts to replace, but it's all coming together nicely.

Since the last pictures, a fair bit has been fitted. Including the freshly powder-coated slam panel & bonnet stay, the brake servo (that I painted poorly!) and 16v MC and the VR6 Rad complete with fabless shroud/fitting kit and Spal fans. There's more, but I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Here's a bit of a photo-dump:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side note, look at how well it fits in the bay! Plenty of room either side and definitely no need to cut or adjust chassis legs.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    erreesse, dodgy and Vinnie like this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

It's so great to see all these mk2s getting put back like new.

Vinnie and UKLonar like this.
  12. caddyboet

caddyboet Paid Member Paid Member

Loving this thread. Will be following. :thumbup:

UKLonar likes this.
  13. Vinnie Paid Member Paid Member

well I ordered the conversion kit yesterday and got 20% off. Now just have to wait [:D] thanks

UKLonar and dodgy like this.
  14. UKLonar

That's ace, glad I could help. Can't scoff at 20% off! What bits did you go for?

15. Vinnie Paid Member Paid Member

Mk2 vr6 conversion. when it gets here I will then start mocking up the turbo/manifold so I know what I will be doing over Christmas [:D] Better update my thread [:D]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    dodgy and UKLonar like this.
  16. UKLonar

A brief update this time around. The garage were having trouble finding a mk3 fuel tank and set up, thankfully I've sorted a complete kit which will be with them next week.

Once they've got the fuelling set up installed, there's a bit of wiring to sort and then it should be up and running hopefully!

Naturally, I'll post some more pictures and videos as things progress. I'm hoping we'll have a dyno video.

As I rarely post an update without a picture, here's a lovely set of badges.

[​IMG]

dodgy, PhilRyder, AKAeddypeck and 2 others like this.
  17. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Nice, is that standard or custom made?

UKLonar likes this.
  18. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

loving those badges. I've just had a read of the full thread, absolute quality and very impressive. I will look forward to seeing what an R32 lump in a mk2 does, it will be awesome.

UKLonar likes this.
  19. UKLonar

They're custom made mate, but made to the same dimensions as OEM badges. I can't say exactly who made the glovebox badge because it was given to me but the grille badge was made by Renewart; you can find him on social media.

20. UKLonar

It's the little touches I love, so the badges are definitely a lovely addition in my opinion.

Thank you! I'll be sure to keep this updated as things progress so keep an eye out.