OEM MK4 management wiring => Mk1/2/3 harness install FAQ (Now with added dieselness!)

Discussion in 'Engines' started by rubjonny, Nov 8, 2013.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the ecu earth in the mk4 gholf is in the scuttle tray, if loom builder left this as standard maybe your earthing point is a bit dirty. I always extend them over to the battery when I make my looms.

52 relay I'm not sure that is, you should generally use a 67, 80 or 167. Out of interest whats the part number on your 52, I'll add it to my relay list :)

2. Kevin Degenhard New Member

Hey Jonny,
    Thanks for the answer but I don’t under what u mean when u write ecu Pin 8 or 10
    Where do I have to connect the wires ? I’m completely lost :)

3. Nari_vw New Member

Jon I have the earth from the engine straight to the battery and the shorter I have it attached to the
    I’ll change the relay maybe and the earth from the engine harness is attached to the battery and the earth from the ecu is attached to the body and is 100% sure is clean but I don’t understand why my injectors they’re not getting earth pulses from my ecu when I disconnect the plug from the injectors it change to earth green and when I connected back to the injectors the earth signal change to a positive signal when I crank the engine I see green light with the red positive signal mix signals from the injectors if I stimulate earth it turns on but when I trying to press the gas it dies I did a throttle body alignment, I reset all codes but still same problem from old harness from a 1999 Audi A4 and now with a mk4 with wire pedal and immo off the ecu
    Please guide me Jon with my options pins that maybe I missed
    I’m very frustrated with this engine…

4. Nari_vw New Member

Lol
    Lol no bro I was using a 53 sorry

5. rubjonny

Those are ECU pin numbers. Use that list to help you identify all the A3 pins, then use the guide first page beginning of this thread to tell you where they need to be spliced ;)

if you jump the fuel relay does the car run? it could just be crank sensor is bad though

6. Nari_vw New Member

7. veedubv5 New Member

@rubjonny
    Am trying to use the oem fuel pump relay 409, but would like some tech advice, so far am ok with understanding the pins but not sure where to pick the crank sensor signal from on pin 1/mot? What polarity should it be?
    Also pin 9/tk what polarity should it be?

Pin 4/15 = Ignition 12V
    Pin 2/30 = permanent 12V from fuse 2 on battery
    Pin 8/87 = relay output to fuses inc. fuel pump
    Pin 6/31 = earth
    Pin 3/C = connection to airbag control unit
    Pin 1/MOT = connection to crank sensor
    Pin 9/TK = connection to door contact switch

am correct in saying they -ve input into the relay?

thanks

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  8. rubjonny

just fit the 409 relay to the fusebox and wire the ecu purple/white trigger wire to the right plug on the back as per my guide and you're done :) it doesnt need any of the other extra pins wired to make it work

veedubv5 likes this.
  9. veedubv5 New Member

my mk1 is carburettor so i will have to have an external fuel pump relay. So pur/wht goes to pin 6/31 correct? And rest as usual

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  10. rubjonny

if its a ce1 fusebox you can still wire it to use factory. as well as fusebox pin for trigger to d/13, put your fuel pump power to e/14 and you're sorted. if its ceramic fusebox then best to mount seperate from fusebox

where did you get that pin list? theres no crank sensor connection on the fuel relay, I guess thats the starter cranking live pin. from the VW wiring diagrams:
    16/85 - fuel relay trigger from ecu
    18/c - airbag module: ignore
    22/50 - starter cranking live: might need, try without for now
    24/tk - door pin switch: ignore
    19/86 - ignition live
    17/30 - permanent live
    23/87 - to fuel pump power/engine electrics

11. veedubv5 New Member

My mk1 its 1990 cabriolet with ce1 but not ceramic.
    And got the information of this site when looking for 409 pin out info
    https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/442582-vrs-fuel-pump-wiring-diagram/

Thanks

12. rubjonny

ok so yeah, ecu purple/white to d/13 and fuel pump power to E/14. Dont even need the 409 relay can use mk1/2/3 67/80/167 type but the 409 does work as well.

veedubv5 likes this.
  13. Rocco_Balboa Paid Member Paid Member

Hi, anyone got a diagram and ecu pinouts for a 9n3 2005 polo gti Cup engine code is BBU.

I've looked at the Seat Ibiza BJX code in rubjohnnys sigs but it differs from the vw loom.

There's no coloured plugs on this loom all the wiring on the main harness goes back to 2 big square sockets banks for the plugs all labeled Ta Tb Tc etc so would be grateful if someone can help, eventually this will be spliced into a scirocco loom CE1

14. rubjonny

9n3bbuecu.pdf :)

dodgy and Rocco_Balboa like this.
  15. Rocco_Balboa Paid Member Paid Member

Much appreciated

16. DamienC New Member

I recently bought an 89 Corrado with an Auq installed using this very guide. I've just got the Ghetto motorsport tach convertor box to get my rev counter working. Any suggestions on how and where best to fit. It needs 1 earth, 2 ign live, 3 Ecu signal and 4 the tacho.
    Also I'm suspecting some conflict with the TT pedal that's fitted, ecu seems to have lost it a few times intermittently, should it be compatible with the auq?

17. rubjonny

all the petrol mk4/tt/a3/leon/beetle/etc pedals are the same calibration so no problem mixing and matching there, the diesel ones arent compatible but thats not your issue as they just dont work at all

tacho adaptor wherever is convenient, the input signal comes from the ecu pin 37 its the green/brown wire hopefully loom builder left it danglign near fusebox for you. output goes to g1/12 on fusebox. earth straight to claw, ignition live loads of spots but if you're hard splicing to engine loom G1/4 or G2/4 most convenient

18. DamienC New Member

Perfect!! Thanks John, de-stressing my wiring related anxiety once again. :-)

19. DamienC New Member

So i have another query on my AUQ Corrado. Looking to install an OBD port and understand i just need live, earth and K line to obd ports 16, 4 and 7. The K Line seems straightforward as its a white and grey wire however no obvious brown wire amongst the 2 blocks im working from, will any earth do or is there a particular colour? For live im guessing its the one of the two red and white wires that has continuity with the battery +

20. rubjonny

Yeah any earth will do you, for the ce2 fusebox you can go G1/6 or just to the claw. Or you could put a plug on the diagnostics wire and tap into the ciggy lighter live and earth like the factory MK2/3/corrado diagnostics.

Another thing you could do is if you're tapping the clutch and brake switches to your loom is take the live from the brake light power and E/5 on brake switch harness is earth

DamienC likes this.