AYL block on AUE ECU??

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by MichaMk4, Jan 5, 2023.

1. MichaMk4 New Member

Hi there,

Is there anyone who can tell me, if an AUE ECU and/or harness will or can run on a AYL engine block?
    Im swapping my old mk4 2.slow with a AYL 2.8 24v.

Thanks,
    Micha.

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

AUE ECU is a ME7.1 022906032E software number and is not compatible with a coil over plug engine, like the AYL and BDE.
    AYL only came in Auto Sharan/Galaxy and will be missing a bolt point for your 02M 4mo gearbox.
    For the AYL to run properly, you need a BDE ECU 022906032BG with a few configuration changes and it will be all good.

3. MichaMk4 New Member

First off, thanks for your reply!
    I’ll be on the lookout for a BDE ecu then.
    The missing bolt point, is that an issue? Or can i just bolt it up with 1 bolt less (structural integrity?? 450whp goal?).
    Is it possible to bolt an 02J to the AYL or should i just buy a 02M with it? (Still doubting)
    Final question; the configuration changes your talking about, any indication what/which?

Thanks,
    Micha

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I run an AYL in my wife's Golf MK4 4 mo V6. Of course it is standard apart from an engine tune.
    I run a BDE engine in a MK2 Golf, with a FBK 02J gearbox.

If you want to run lots of torque 600+ Nm, then you need to retain the MQ350 gearbox (02M) with possibly a Monster brand gearset.