Twin fans - pulley bearing

Discussion in 'Engines' started by jmsheahan, Feb 15, 2018.

1. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Bit of a random one this.

I have a larger radiator to go in my mk2 along with a twin fan setup from a passat. However the mk2 fan obviously has the bearing pulley for the connecting belt missing.

Can you obtain this pulley part separately or do I need a passat fan and motor to match? Are there any other cars I can rob one from? Corrado maybe?

[​IMG]

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

so you dont have the passat fans I guess, just a bare shroud and slave belt driven fan? any part numbers on the shroud?

3. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Yeah pretty much - I have the slave fan from the passat but not the main fan with the motor attached. Was hoping to use the mk2 motored one and just add the extra pulley on the end of the spindle if possible.

Part number for the shroud is 357121207B

Failing that this might work either as a replacement or just to have the pulley butchered from?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  4. rubjonny

looking at etka the pulley isnt available on its own, its part of the fan but if you can find one it might split off? no telling if it'll all line up anyway when fitted to the mk2 fan. the caddy vans use a slightly different passat shroud with belt setup etc so you may have better luck sourcing one of those plus MK3 often have it.

the fan you linky too may work direct, some passat have the same fan wheel listed as mk3. if so just need to get the right drivebelt to suit your shroud 357119137 which is 786mm or 1H0119137 which is 800mm

before you go any further though have you checked it actually fits your rad :p

jmsheahan likes this.
  5. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Cheers RJ, useful info there, might just wang another fan motor in there then for simplicity.

Yeah all bolts together, 8v AC rad with the passat shroud. Figured with the longer rad why not fit the extra fan. I'll get back to you on what hoses fit though lol

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  6. rubjonny

cool good to know, if its the one im thinking off on ebay i almost bought it but held back because it seemed to be for a slightly different sized rad. I've gone for mk2 shroud and some custom brackets :lol:

7. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

'Custom' brackets for the win lol