VW advice needed.............

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by six appeal, Jan 2, 2004.

1. six appeal Forum Member

Looking at buying a S-reg Polo 16v for the misses tomorrow, does anyone know of any points to look out for on these? Has full VW history and only 43,000 one owner etc..... looks mint in the pics, just wondered if they suffer any specific mechanical/bodywork faults which I need to pay attention too? Thanks in advance, Simon. [:D]

2. pettsy Forum Member

don't know much about mk4 polos. might be worth posting a question on www.uk-polos.net [:D]

3. six appeal Forum Member

Cheers mate, very useful, will have to sign up for her too if she gets it, that way I can find out the best mods for it ;)

4. AndrewF Forum Addict

it may be worth considering a 1.6glx instead - has less power but is nice for lazy driving (8v) and is identical to a 16v (same bumpers, interior, etc).

my girlie's got one, and its a great little car...only cost 2500 with fVWsh, 75k, is a bit older than what you're lookig at.

if you're lookin at one that new tho, i'm sure you could get a mkV, which is a much newer car (if you know what i mean).