Turbo technics gtx

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by Ttechnicks, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Ttechnicks New Member

Hi.
    I'm looking for people who have the turbo technics conversion on the 8v dx engine scirocco. Just to see how many out there really and maybe bounce a few questions about . The car is new to me and I've had quite a few sciroccos over the years but I've never seen or even heard of a turbo technics original conversion, I know it's rare I just wonder how rare. Also I'd be interested in talking to anybody with the 1.8 8v dx turbo whatever car it's in. I've seen and read about a few mk1 golfs converted and I know there is 16v mk2s knocking about.

2. PJ Byrne New Member

I have a Scirocco GTX 1986 TurboTechnics from new. It’s a 1800 8v.

KeithMac likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Very cool thing to own.

4. PJ Byrne New Member

The TurboTechnics 40th event at Donington Park Circuit was a great event at it was lovely to see some of the older and the newer cars that were converted by TT there. The pictures are up on the TT site. It was great to be there with the Scirocco over 35 yrs since I bought it new with the TT conversion. Great to see the Golfs and the other cars there too. A great event and congratulations to Geoff Kershaw on 40 yrs of great work and great to see him do the time attack in the 600bhp Focus. Amazing to see him drive so effortlessly.