ABF Digifant injection

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Passion_gti, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Passion_gti New Member

Hi, I´ve a mk2 AB SWAP running with Emerald K6 ecu. I would like to test the Digifant df1 that came with the engine in order to see how it performs.

Some questions come to my mind now:

Is it Digifant injection somehow syncronised? Why all the injectors are not activated simultaneously ?
    My current Ecu has only one signal per injector bank so 4cyl is one bank, v6 or v8 is two...

Any light here?

Thank you.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yes the abf ecu can do sequential injection becasue it has a signal from the crank sensor to see crank TDC and a signal from the cam sensor (distributor) so it knows when cylinder 1 is at TDC.

if you remove the cam sensor plug then the ecu falls back to batch fire mode, same as how your emerald ecu is set up and earlier VW ecu e.g. digifant 2 on mk2 golf

3. Passion_gti New Member

Great! thank you for your great support, that´s was exactly what I wanted to know.
    By the way, is there any difference between very early AB code ecu-s and later AE codes in terms of performance, fuel economy?
    I´ve got one of each .

Do I need also the immo module to be able to get OBD conection? or I can use directly the grey/white kline that comes from the ECU?

Thank you again!

4. rubjonny

I dont have any detailed data like that, but I would think the differences are extremely minor. main reason to run an early one is it doesnt have immobiliser, not that adding immobiliser setup or defeating it is hard.

if the immobiliser is defeated, or even if it isnt you can wire the vagcom port directly to the ecu diagnostics wire and it will work fine :)

the immobiliser is wired between the ecu and port but inside is a little switch which allows diagnostics communication to the ecu when needed. if you isten carefully to the box you can here a quiet click when it does this :)

5. Passion_gti New Member

Rubjonny you have make me save a lot time, now I know where to focus!

Thank you very much!

6. rubjonny

youre very welcome, good luck :)

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

There are small changes between the G and AB code ECUs aka Digifant 3.0 and the AE/BE and CE later EU Immo ECU aka Digifant 3.2.
    They are all KWP1281 so run a K line. The style of the connecter changed to the SAE standard 16 pin from a 2x2.
    To be fair, with a good tune on the ECU, there is no need to use a SEM like Emerald or anything else.
    I have tuned them all and ultimately the engine will only do so much.