HELP! CORRADO VR6 BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER REPAIR KIT.

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by faigolfgti, Nov 30, 2020.

1. faigolfgti Forum Member

As Topic Above! We all know that vw corrado vr6 23mm abs brake master cylinder is no more in production by ATE and according to vw parts department this part is obsolete, is it possible to get the repair kit for this brake master cylinder?
    Thank You In Advance.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

not that I've seen, you might find it easier to change the servo to the more common horizontal stud type. main thing is if its the ABS type with the sensor inside you need to get the right servo to match

3. faigolfgti Forum Member

From my research the is to get the abs brake servo together with the brake master cylinder from the late model mk3 golf vr6 but not matching with the corrado ABS system and the brake servo from the golf vr6 without distance position sensor so won't work.

4. rubjonny

yeah you need a corrado or passat type servo with distance sensor, the mk3 servo doesnt fit directly but can be modified. though not sure if any mk3 ones with distance sensor plus horizontal studs.

this assumes you actually want the ABS system still, if not then any corrado or mk2 golf 9" servo will work

5. faigolfgti Forum Member

All the passat vr6 , corrado vr6 and early type mk3 golf vr6 using the same type of brake servo and brake master cylinder and abs system, so the brake master cylinder is obsolete now and I even email to ATE Germany still no luck and now I got the idea of getting the brake master pump repair kit hope can repair my brake master cylinder but still no luck don't know where to get the repair kit! Help?

6. rubjonny

I was sure there was a passat servo with straight studs but looking again at it they're further apart than the normal ones so you would still be in the same situation with a specific fitment master... you could cut the studs off and add your own perhaps but a tricky job to do well.

I've not seen seal kits for the 23mm master cylinder anywhere unfortunatly, but I did find this:
    https://the-corrado.net/topic/84091-brake-servo-and-master-cylinder-urgently-required/

and the site http://www.pastparts.co.uk/ is still up so its worth giving them a call :)