The polo got loud

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by dodgy, Dec 5, 2020.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Thursday morning went to work in the polo, started it up, thought it was a bit louder than normal.
    I only work less than 3 miles from home and on the way it got even louder, back box had split.
    Went online and found euro car parts had one for the 1.2 in stock, and were open until 6, so £31.89 and a short drive to Halifax rewarded me with a replacement and the old one came away from the pipe on the way there, making it easier to remove anyway.
    This afternoon I got the car up on stands and attacked it with the grinder to get U bolt off and relieve the remaining pipe. The new box was about 5 inches longer than the old one, didn't think much of it until went to put the mount on, obviously was in wrong place, so unbolted the bracket, chopped in half, redrilled the holes and then reversed it and it all lines up.
    Quick trip to halfords for a new U bolt, and jobs sorted nearly, just got to pop that on tomorrow.
    Ordered a new centre mount which was under £4 delivered from halfords, or ten upwards online.
    Really do like the polo, it's for my son when he passes test, we got it cheap with lambda issues, which was the loom between engine and chassis, easy to fix once we gained access, headlights replaced due to degraded lenses and had a little bit of tidying in places. Its great.
    And hopefully quiet again.

Attached Files: