Mk2 Golf air-con loom

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Matt Golf, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Matt Golf Forum Member

On my Mk2 I always had a spare green wire with black plug under dash. I had thought it was for digifant engines only but should it connect in some way to tell the ignittion that AC is activated and more power might be needed? If so where does it plug into? The loom is a genuine factory ac loom and although the ac always worked the idle speed was precariously low when ac on.

Anyone know?

2. davidut5 Forum Member

On my jetta with mk3 engine ecu, ac on, engine struggled so got a wire to ecu from ac compressor. Now it is much better, idle increases when i turn on ac. If it is for that purpose it should definitely be connected.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

it says 2.0 16v in your signature, is it a 9A engine and ecu or is it a KR with 2.0 bottom?

4. Matt Golf Forum Member

Its an Audi 6a with normal 16v k-jet

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

ok so assuming the green wire plug is the one from the ISV controller behind the center console, and you actually have an isv controller then this wire is tapped into the signal wire to the a/c compressor somewhere along the way