Dodgy driver

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by dodgy, Mar 7, 2021.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Parts piling up, stuff arriving, andbits from the stripout. Just put new heater matrix in and replaced the foam inside.
    Got home to a big box, loom has returned ready to fit. Front grille arrived, bought a badgeless version, it's ok, but it seems to curve at the bottom, thought it was the intercooler conflicting space, but appears not, may look for a standard one or swap with the green bus.
    And took a picture of the newly acquired steering wheel for you all to peruse.

Attached Files:

2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Oooo, I prefer the old grill imo

3. dodgy

I'm thinking that too.

Savagesam likes this.
  4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Is that a Polo or Corrado wheel?

dodgy likes this.
  5. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I believe he said Polo. Wouldn’t trust it tho, he can be a bit dodgy ;)

cupracraig and dodgy like this.
  6. dodgy

Scandalous lies, perhaps its because I look and sound like a pirate, apparently.
    Its actually from the early 90s, messing with cars my mate called it 'Dodgy Dave's Autos' which I came back one day to find he sprayed on the garage wall.

It's a mk3 golf gti early non airbag steering wheel, came from a J reg.

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

that wheel is mk3 and corrado non-airbag, also can get leather versions of them. the polo ones are similar but have a silver insert on the bottom spoke. you also got the polo wheel on the corrado and mk2 golf, couple different insert colours. the mk2 only got it on the edition blue with a black coloured insert

dodgy likes this.
  8. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

:clap:OMG, how do you know this stuff!

dodgy likes this.
  9. rubjonny

been around too long :lol:

cupracraig and dodgy like this.
  10. dodgy

I'll be honest, I used to be able to recite paint codes for bmc cars and differencein model years on minis, Mrs D takes the mick out of me for it, but RJ is beyond anyone I know in the knowledge of things vw, always amazes me when replies.

11. dodgy

Heater is back in position, at last!
    On the down side the new heater hoses I bought dont line up well with the 1.8t tubes, perhaps mk4 ones would have been an option, should be able to chop the mk2 ones to fit though.
    New turbo downpipe gasket arrived, and then found the 'lost' one, grrr!

12. dodgy

Got the loom on the car earlier.
    Not fitted yet, haha.

Had a look at the badgeless grille, appears to bow out in the middle, but all clips fit properly, the thing I noticed is my front bumper is perfectly straight so accentuated it, whereas the green golf seems to have a curved bumper, sorry no pictures at the moment, admittedly we replaced the bumper on that, I'll see if still have the old one for comparison.
    Odd.

Attached Files:

13. rubjonny

might have had a minor bash at the front then, pull bumper off and have a look

14. dodgy

Slight bump on front passenger corner, but really minimal, honestly the bumper is as straight as a dye, I'll get photo up when get in, was only a slight crease in the iron on the end that had been knocked.
    May have been replacement in its life I suppose, but looked original, no receipt in its history for one either. It looks old and was going to get new one but no stock when went to order.

15. dodgy

Some photos of my straight bumper, plus the green one for comparison.
    Radio wiring has been de bodged, soldered and heatshrink, now wired to the ignition as it should be instead of the vss! No choc blocks so more room to fit it all in properly now.
    Roughly placed the engine loom in position to work it out, unsure as to the placing of everything yet, hope weather clears, rain came so I packed up.
    Leia came to help with the wiring, then scooted across the windscreen and jump in the back to check things over.
    Braided front lines arrived, so did the mk3 tdi shafts and two 90° elbows for the intercooler.
    Filled the engine oil, and cans in car to get fuel on way home from work tomorrow, gradually getting closer to key turn time.

Attached Files:

16. PhilRyder

That's a "cat"astrophe :lol: I thought it was funny, I'll get my coat.................

Savagesam and dodgy like this.
  17. dodgy

Fur-ny guy!
    I came in to this sight, my wife hurt her foot earlier, so while resting Baz took advantage.

Attached Files:

18. dodgy

Productive half day, and a nice catch up with Phil Ryder too.
    Mk3 tdi spanking new driveshafts fitted, new mk3 bottom wishbones, arb bushes, 280mm 4 studs back on with new braided front hoses, clutch fluid lines fitted and everything bled, and the downpipe fitted with exhaust bolted up properly.
    So now widetrack 4 stud with the borbet wheels back on, slight neg camber on front.
    Petrol in tank too, plus a 99 relay popped in for the wipers. Hopefully will get to look at loom fitment tomorrow.

Attached Files:

PhilRyder likes this.
  19. PhilRyder

Yep, good to see you again Dave, I felt sooooo much better after that coffee :thumbup:
    You really cracked on after I left :clap:

20. dodgy

And you mate, spent bit more time this afternoon on it, looms in, plus pedals.